“More than I expect for the Comfort Inn name” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Huntington Beach, California
“More than I expect for the Comfort Inn name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My daughter goes to school in Oregon, so we have stopped here once before. I have been very pleased with both stays. Expecting a simple double queen room, I love the suite-style experience. No kitchen, but a large sitting room area near the door with a desk, small table with a microwave (or toaster oven?) with two chairs, and two chairs along the other wall. Comfortable beds and nice bathroom with bowed shower curtain. We requested and received a room with a view of Mount Shasta on both occassions; however, the view was obscured by clouds on our most recent visit.

Standard continental breakfast with the now ubiquitous waffle maker.

While making our trek from Southern California to Portland, it is the nicest stop along the I-5 that I have found to rest between Stockton and Salem. And we've tried quite a few.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain which also puts you farther from the highway and street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The hotel was okay but South Weed is one big truck stop at night. Apparently the city has no control or restriction for semi trucks parking on their streets. The trucks were everywhere and they park all around the motel. All night long we heard trucks running. The South Weed exit is also very dirty and littered with trash and bottles filled with pee. This is a very dirty out of control city that has been taken over by truck drivers. In all my travels I have never seen anything like it, I guess they don't have any police.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the south end.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped in Weed overnight because we were sick of driving in the snowy weather during our road trip. We found this hotel on this website using my iphone, figuring that the reviews we saw on here wouldn't steer us wrong. We stayed one night and paid a total of $86.

Like in most of my reviews on here, I usually stress that I'm pretty low-maintenance when it comes to a hotel room; I just want a clean room and a clean, comfortable bed in which I can sleep well. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and nice. Furniture looked updated and newer.

We were on the second floor, and we were pleased to not hear any stomping around above us. It was pretty quiet the entire night, with only a few sounds being heard outside our door mid-morning.

Very nice and clean hotel. Would stay here again. My only complaint is that instead of regular-sized pillows on the bed, there were five smaller pillows, the size of throw pillows you'd decorate your couch with. Strange to try to rest our heads on, but we slept well enough.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I stopped here on our way from LA to Oregon. We had planned on driving through the pass & stopping for the night in Ashland, but severe weather warnings made us stop for the night. I did a quick trip advisor check on the motels in Weed and Comfort inn was the winner by far.

But I still wasn't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised when the front desk girl was super duper nice and helpful. The hotel itself is very clean and welcoming. For $79 we got a king size, non smoking room.

For that price, I still wasn't too excited until we got to our room. It was large, very clean, with a microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, toiletries, and a mini fridge. The TV was old, but worked perfectly. The bed was super comfy and the shower was great.

We had a great night's rest. Super pleased, would stay there again without hesitation, if we ever find ourselves stranded in Weed Ca again. :)

• Stayed February 2012
Bremerton, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here on our way back north from So Cal over the holiday week. We arrived late in the evening, were checked in promptly and off to sleep we went. The beds are a little older and the pillows are short but we all slept soundly. The breakfast next morning was great (waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, pastries, etc) always helps to save a buck and feed the kids before hitting the road. Our greatest experience came after we had checked out and were on our way back north again... We got to Yreaka after making a couple of stops, and my wife realized she had forgotten here rings in the room. I expected the worse right of the bat, you always here the horror stories and we were so gratefully surprised. After calling the front desk and a highspeed turn around, we got a call back that the rings were safe and waiting for our return. So on behalf of my wife, and my sanity thank you to the staff of the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Very comfortable hotel. The only downside was the massive tracter trailer parking in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room not loooking to the trailer parking in front.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We were on our way from San Francisco to Seattle and decided not to drive through Siskiyou at night in the winter, so we stopped here and were glad we did. There were very high winds that night but we were warm and happy in our room. We selected this hotel because it was a smoke free premises and the room that we were given was really permeated with smoke. Thanks to the wonderful lady checking us in. She immediately found us another room and made sure that it was all right. We also saw her working first thing in the morning, which was Thanksgiving - what dedication! Really appreciated her upbeat manner and desire to help. We are just a little disappointed that Comfort Inn doesn't do a better job of screening/ and cleaning up after smokers.
Everything else was lovely. Beautiful country!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Central? Share your experiences!