“Remote from many services.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Weed
California
“Remote from many services.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is near a freeway exit but we did not hear the freeway noise. We were able to open the window and not use air conditioning at night. (yeah!) Standard room; everything fine. Helpful desk attendant. But, we saw only two places to eat dinner in the area. Due to the lack of dinner places, we will go on a little further next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

By chance I was set up to stay at this motel through my work on a business trip. My first thought as I walked in was that the young girl at the desk was not going to be much help just becuase she looked like she would still be in high school. I was proven wrong. I can't remember her name but she is an asset to this motel. other than the friendly service, the room was clean (enough), the breakfast was okay, and the rate was not overwhelming. it was nice to have someone at the desk that didnt mind chatting with me for a while. Thank you, blonde girl.

Room Tip: Just ask the desk
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
SURREY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Room was what I expected based on the pictures of the hotel, old and small town motel. I was expecting the pool to be heated and it was not. The filter was not running and the water was ice cool. I had booked this hotel because it had a pool. Also for some reason the third floor hallway smelled like stale cigarette smoke, like someone smokes on the 3rd floor on a regular bases. The second and first floor hallways seemed fine.

Room Tip: Request the second or first floor if you want a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I checked into this hotel because I was tired of driving all day. I was greeted by a friendly man by the name of Stephen. He was very polite, professional & knowledgeable. He recommended a good place to eat dinner and even offered a menu for us to look at. Wi-Fi is fast here. Hot tub was very refreshing. Nice, comfortable & clean room with your standard cable on the TV. Nothing fancy but its about the same as what I'd get at home. Will be sure to recommend to my friends and business associates. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our friends were getting married in Weed at Stewart Mineral Springs and they arranged for a group rate through the Comfort Inn. Check-in time was at 2pm. We arrived at 2:15 and were greeted by two girls who looked like they couldn't be out of high school. They had some difficulty navigating the computer system, and then said they would put us in room 306 because it was one of the only clean rooms.

Up on the third floor, we were greeted by an overwhelmingly strong smell of cigarette smoke. We went down to our room, which was supposedly non-smoking, only to discover that it reeked as well. There were cigarette burns all over the bed. The TV, dresser, table, and microwave were all covered in dust. I opened drawers and discovered that they were full of what looked like Doritos crumbs. There was an enormous stain on one of the chairs, and the bed skirt was covered with some weird sticky substance.

There was no way we would sleep in that room. We went downstairs to tell the girls that the room must not have been cleaned. They were pretty incredulous about the whole thing ("Really? That's impossible!") and said they wanted to go upstairs to see the room. On our way upstairs we ran into housekeeping. The girl asked if any other rooms were clean. The housekeeping confirmed that one room on the second floor was ready, and we went downstairs to get a key for this room.

When the one girl said "I'm booking them into 202" the other girl rolled her eyes and said "Really? An upgrade?" Despite her bad attitude, they upgraded us for free (to a slightly larger corner room with a designated sitting area) that was thankfully much cleaner than the previous room.

Breakfast the next morning wasn't the worst thing I'd ever eaten, but it wasn't the best either. The waffles were decent and I liked the fresh fruit, but there was no way I was touching those eggs, especially after I saw an employee scrape the remains of the chafing dish into the trash and clean it out INSIDE the trash can before refilling it with eggs. Yuck!

Also upon check out the girls did ask if 202 worked out better for us and were genuinely nice about the whole thing. I really do appreciate that they took care of us and from what I heard from other wedding guests they all had clean rooms as well. Maybe 306 was just a fluke.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, and if you are sensitive to smoke skip the third floor!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

A great place to stop when traveling between CA and OR. Comfortable room, excellent breakfast. The pool/hot tub have a great view of Mt. Shasta. No complaints. The price was close to what we paid for much more basic accommodations in other places and provided great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We have stayed in a lot of Comfort Inns. This room was much larger than most. The bed was good, the place was clean and the room was huge. It had a separate sitting room with desk, wet bar, micro and frig. All it lacked was a fireplace.
My wife was bothered by the large number of trucks that kept coming in late at night and parking around the motel. I slept through it all.
The breakfast was not as good as what we have had in other Comfort Inns around the country. I would rate it just a little above average.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Central? Share your experiences!