“California Grill Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Watsonville
Watsonville, California
“California Grill Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I just wanted to say thank you for recommending California Grill to your guests!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

with good beds and fantastic linens.

Breakfast was average to ok.

I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fairview, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This was a very nice place to stay. We were there for three days and were treated very well. Loved the breakfast - especially the Belgium waffles. When we had a problem getting on the internet the front desk guy was very helpful and made sure we got on OK. The room was clean and comfertable. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dewey, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed there one night because of the closeness to the Highway and Santa Cruz. The room stunk of disinfectant! We ran the air in the room all night and woke up with a bad headache and sinuses full! Very disappointed. The staff recommened and nice place to eat and it turned out to be a dud! The food was terrible. Will never stay there again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We were in the area to attend our daughter's graduation from UC Santa Cruz. We have stayed at this hotel before and really like it for the price, location and friendliness of the staff. It is about 20 minutes from UCSC and MUCH better priced than the hotels in Santa Cruz. It is about a block from a Starbucks and a family restaurant. There is a continental breakfast included, which is pretty standard (fruit, pastries, cold cereal, waffles, coffee, juice and milk). There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The beds were VERY comfortable and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed one night at the Comfort Inn in Wilsonville. It’s a nice hotel when you first walk in and the guy was really nice who helped us. We asked about free wi-fi and he said he had cables that we could hook up to our laptop and have DSL. It wasn’t a problem hooking it up, but the little clips that would hold the cable into my computer was broken off and it kept falling out which meant I kept losing my connection. Besides, that’s why we have wi-fi laptops, so you don’t have to deal with cables any more, right? Why don't hotels have wi-fi! The rooms were very clean and my room was spacious. I had a king-size bed and there were 4 or 5 pillows on it. It worked well for me, but I was also exhausted and didn’t care at that point what I was sleeping on, so I can’t be a real good judge of the bed. I loved the fact that the sink was outside of the toilet and shower room. That way I could use the sink while someone else was in the bathroom. There were lotion, shampoo, and conditioner sample sizes by the sink. There was a lighted makeup mirror by the sink also which is always nice. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The bathroom had an automatic night light in the bathroom and it sensed when you came in which I thought was nice. The shower bar was a curved one which I love, so the curtain isn’t clinging to your leg. There were good movie choices. I think you had 3 different HBO channels. The weird thing was that there was no ABC channel. It had NBC, CBS and FOX, but not ABC. Don’t know why. What I didn’t like at all however was that the walls and floors were really, really thin. You could hear everyone whether they were talking or walking. That is the one thing I hate the most at a hotel! The hotel was on a very busy street and I was on the back side of the motel. I could hear the traffic really well. There is no ice machine on the second floor. There was a place where it could be, but it wasn’t there and I didn’t want to go down to the 1st or up to the 3rd floor to find it. We had an ice bucket, so I’m sure there’s probably ice somewhere, but it would be nice to have one on each floor. The light above the sink automatically shuts off after a while which I’m sure is to conserve energy, but it was irritating because you had to turn it back on again if you were using it. The breakfast in the morning was great! You have waffles, two kinds of cereal, hard-boiled eggs, breads, croissants, orange/apple juice, peanut butter and jams and real butter. I loved the breakfast. This is a good place to go for one night and you have ear plugs. I wouldn’t stay more than that. I will probably try to find another place in the vicinity in the future, if I’m going to be in this area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Watertown, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights while doing some travelling around the Central Coast. We wanted something more affordable than staying in Santa Cruz and were prepared to deal with the drive. The hotel was fine, no complaints. It was decently clean, the room was sizeable, relatively slow internet connection. Pretty much standard for this level of hotel room. The neighborhood was lacking, we couldn't really find anywhere we wanted to try for restaurants. Parts of it were pretty run down/industrial. We did make it a morning ritual to go to the Starbucks near the hotel, but aside from that we didn't find much else to do in Watsonville.

I would recommend this hotel is a clean cheap place to stay, but wouldn't stay in this general area if you are travelling and looking for things to do.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Watsonville? Share your experiences!