“If these qualitys are important to you , Friendliest , Cheapest , Cleanest , Kid and pet friendly . Motel 6 watsonville is the” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area to your Saves list
Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   125 Silver Leaf Drive, Watsonville, CA 95076   |
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Watsonville
Watsonville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

QAll I can say is if your looking or a five star upscale fancy hotel then go to one , if You want the cleanest , cheapest , friendliest , kid and dog friendly motel in the entire Santa Cruz county MOTEL. 6 in watsonville is the one . I have been to every motel in the county and this one is the best , Starting with the Hospitality from the staff from Lupe at the front desk in a.m best coffee ready to accomadate your every needs , getting to know you as a person not just a guest with a room number , willing to go above and beyond always , all the ladies in house keeping on top of it always , the maintance guys always ready to fix and maintain very friendly Jesse I think us his name , and can't forget the gen manage bill great sence of humor helpful and always there 24 hours a day , the saying no place like home has just change to motel six a place like home , thank you staff ,

to maintenance to the pool cleaner zack

• Stayed October 2013

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I used to stay here often , spent tons of money here (thousands). Then one time I got real sick and needed some extra time (like 45 minutes) to check out as I was alone and could barely move. These jerks denied it and ducked my phone calls.

I'd sleep in an outhouse before I ever gave these creeps a nickel again. Don't stay here! They were complete jerks.

Room Tip: don't stay here--that's the best room you'll get
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Visalia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are a family of four- me, my husband, my 6 y/o daughter and 2 y/o son. We have been wanting to do a family trip to Santa Cruz for some time, but had to make it as financially friendly as possible. We stayed at many Motel 6's that were satisfactory, and in Anaheim and Solvang we were very pleased.
Obviously, the hotels in Santa Cruz cost an arm and a leg, so my hubby found Motel 6 just 20 minutes away, for a good couple hundred less (for 3 nights).
Everything was fine checking in, the motel looked nice, but after a long day, it was a shame to sleep on one of the worst beds we have EVER slept on. The floor would have been more comfortable and we were debating it for the next night, but was questioning how clean the carpet would be!
After a great (and LONG) Saturday at the Boardwalk, we came back and were getting ready to sleep on our old pile of springs. I was going to write a bad review on the quality of the beds, but what I noticed that evening INFURIATED me!
I had accidentally, and stupidly, left a pile of tokens, loose change, and most importantly some pressed pennies from Santa Cruz, Mystery Spot, and a couple of other places (that I will not be able to get back) on the counter. The maid on Saturday had stolen all of it! How obvious and petty is that? Is that worth her job or does Motel 6 not even reprimand for that? What a violation of our sense of security! What else had she taken from us, including from my kids, that I haven't even noticed yet?
I went down and told the very nice lady, Lupe, at the counter and she said that that had happened to her at a different Motel 6. She was empathetic and credited our account $25. But, because of this maid, we will NEVER stay there again, and I will make sure to spread the word about this.
To any Motel 6 representative that would like to take action on this maid, we were in room 325 and this happened on 9/21/13.
I always try to give Motel 6 a chance, because we do travel frequently, but my faith in Motel 6 is dying rapidly!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Life is too short to stay in cheap motels. That being said, I waited too long and this was the only room available in the area. The maid removed the dirty towels every day... but she never replaced them with clean ones. The keys would not work at the end of the day each day we were there. The bed was worn out probably 15 years ago. The people that shop and hang out in the area don't speak English, so maybe I was really in Tijuana and didn't realize it. I've never stayed in a room in Tijuana, but I have in other parts of Mexico. I would expect a room of this price to be much nicer in Mexico. This was was noisy, and scary at night. I'd search for a different hotel if I were to go to the area again (I probably won't).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear MadDog25 - We apologize for the unsatisfactory service and bed conditions you experienced during your stay, as well as the noise disturbances you encountered. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reno
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

this was your typical Motel 6, well maybe not typical. There have been some Motel 6 establishments that were very nice this was not one of them. I arrived just after 1230 in the afternoon figuring that there would be plenty rooms available. And as I was using the motel as kind of a base of operations for me to go to Monterey and have someplace to stay on the way back it was a good location. I told the lady at the counter that I would really like a downstairs room as my knees are a little bit shot and I have trouble walking upstairs. She of course gave me a room on the second floor. When I got inside it was probably the most sparsely attired Motel 6 room I'd ever seen. Contacting housekeeping, I asked for an additional pillow and eventually got one after about an hours wait. Going in the Monterey I took care the business that I had intended to do and got back to the motel at about 5:30 PM there were a bunch of guys that had obviously gotten off work and were drinking heavily when I pulled in on my motorcycle they started to make comments about the bike and the sound that made one guy imitating with his right hand the action of throttling up and throttling down. I did my best to ignore them locked my bike up and drove myself up to the room the bed itself was very uncomfortable very lumpy the TV set worked just okay there was very little hot water from the sink however the shower was incredibly good. I noticed there was a slip underneath the door that you could've put an encyclopedia is through and was wondering what my crawling during the evening. The drinking gang that was outside carried on for quite some time but things eventually got quiet. The next morning I had packed up and was ready to leave and when I got down to my bike I found that the front tire had been flattened. I don't like to assume but I can only guess that it was those same guys that were drunk the night before. I made a comment to the lady at the main desk as I checked out and her response was that they were not responsible for anything in the parking lot. It's a good thing I carry a smaller pump otherwise I would've been in a world of hurt. I will probably pass this one up going forward as Watsonville is a town that is full of illegals not to mention people that are transient for work in the area. My advice to you stay in another motel there are others in the area that cost just about the same but this one did.

Room Tip: really nothing to add here except, find another place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear TonyU9979 - We apologize for the unsatisfactory service and disturbances you encountered during your recent stay; thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience with us: 1-800-577-3435.
Reno, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I just stayed at this motel for two days over the July 4th holiday. Because of all these negative reviews, I wasn't expecting much. However, I was shocked to find that this motel 6 was just fine, and I enjoyed my stay there very much. The staff was nice, the grounds were kept up nicely and the room was exceptionally clean. The beds were soft, and the pillows were fluffy. And although there were some sketchy people around, it was always quiet and everyone was friendly. The only incident that upset me was when I told the housekeeper that I did not need her to clean my room, but while I was gone for the day she came and cleaned it anyway--moving some of my stuff around and throwing away some things I was still using. Other than that, I was very pleased. I don't really understand why people are complaining. I am quite baffled.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stay at motel 6 fairly often since they are cheap and allow dogs without additional cost. I don't expect any frills, Motel 6 is bare bones basic but usually does the job. Many we have stayed in have had "regulars", but none have ever been this sketchy. There were two tweakers hanging out outside there rooms on the bottom floor, one who ended up roaming around the parking lot in his tighty-whities (underwear). We avoided them as best we could.

The worst came at 5 in the morning as we had to call 911 on the couple in the room next to us as he had started slamming her around the room. My life has been lucky enough that I have never had to listen to or witness something like this before, and it is pretty bizarre that I was paying for the experience. I don't care how cheap this motel was it was not cheap enough.

As if it can't get worse the cops never even came, the guy just ran out of steam and they both left together about an hour later

When we reported this to the desk in the morning they were completely unfazed. It was probably not the first time.

The room itself was adequate , the pillows incredibly flat.

Spend more money and stay somewhere else, not cheap enough for the experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area? Share your experiences!