“Breakfast & Lunch Only and Count your Change!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Riverside, CA
“Breakfast & Lunch Only and Count your Change!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten there 3 times. The food is good and there is plenty of it! But be sure to count your change if you pay in cash. First time, my tab came to $27, I paid with a $50 bill, got back $10 change! Second time, tab was $12, paid with $20 bill, got back $5. Third time, the tab was paid with exact change so there wouldn't be an issue. The food makes it worth it, though.

• Visited April 2014

reno, United States
“Bring your appetite, this place is a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Let me start off by admitting-- I am a Foodie...and I LOVE breakfast. I was heading for San Jose after spending a night in Watsonville and I was starving...I knew I couldn't wait an hour before getting something to eat. Being new to the area, I did not have high hopes for finding anything beyond the usual chain breakfast joints, when I spied Cowboys Corner Cafe! Wow, am I glad I did! I had the best experience from being greeted and offered a counter seat (which I love), to having time to peruse the large menu, and even more important look around to see what everyone was eating (the place was packed). I thought I died and gone to breakfast heaven...mounds of home made gravy over freshly made biscuits, home fries, thick sliced bacon, Omelettes spilling over with fillings, and pancakes? The pancakes were plate sized and loaded with fresh blueberries. I wanted it all, but heck I am 5'2" and although I can eat, I didn't want to gorge ;) So, I went with their 2 eggs, bacon, and blueberry pancakes with a small side portion of home fries...The eggs were cooked perfectly, bacon thick and freshly made, (still crisp)....the home fried potatoes had just the perfect soft to crispy ratio, and the pancakes, they were the best I have ever eaten! Fluffy, not too cake-like filled with air bubbles and just the right amount of fresh blueberries to compliment the pancake without making them overly sweet or fake blueberry tasting...Thank goodness I would have to drive 5 hours to eat like this again or I would end up weighing a ton! I am heading back to the coast next week, and I will for sure stop in again for breakfast, I can hear those blueberry pancakes beckoning....eat me, eat me....

• Visited March 2014
Aromas, California
“Dining at the Cowboys Corner Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Marvelous service and excellent food. It is my restaurant of choice for breakfast and lunch in the Watsonville area.

• Visited December 2013
Irvine, California
“local cafe, big portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

stopped by for breakfast after doing the run or dye in Watsonville. Food was GREAT and large portion sizes. if your looking for good food with not so fancy atmosphere...try this place!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sun City West
“Great Lunch--Fresh Ingredients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped in for lunch and had a great experience. I had fruit instead of fries with my BLT. When it arrived, the sandwich was loaded with bacon--and it hadn't been partially precooked; it was cooked just for my sandwich, and it was cooked just right. The tomatoes were good, ripe, jucy ones. The bowl of fruit was lovely: strawberries and raspberries from the area, fresh grapes, and pineapple. Altogether satisfying.

My husband reported his hamburger to be outstanding. The patty wasn't made until he order it, and it was cooked just as he requested. Fresh sliced onions, tomatoes, dill pickles, and lettuce were on the plate for him to use what he wanted. His fries were plentiful and good.

Great spot for lunch.