“Wow! What great food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Grill
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open seven days 11:30-8pm. We are not a typical BBQ,We serve wood fired meats including, Filet of Elk, Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit,and a wide selection of Bratwurst,from wild boar to the plain & simple beer brat! We make all sauces and dressings in house. We do not have ketchup or Mayo! Call ahead for parties of 6 or more please! We do not except calls for take out food. Come and enjoy the atmosphere while you wait.A two hour prep time is required for Braised Rabbit...Please call to reserve.
Palomar Mountain, California, United States
“Wow! What great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Last night we met friends at this wonderful restaurant and were so impressed with the delicious food, and refreshing service. It was our first visit of many to come. The menu is so interesting with many intriguing options. The owner is the charming chef and his wife Debbie should give lessons on how to be the "best waitress in the world"! I brought home a to-go box so I could have their cheese cake with caramel and raspberries while the rest of the table polished very decadent mud pie. If only they could franchise their restaurant so people around the world could enjoy such great food and service... if only.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Warner Springs, California
“In search of rare game meats? This is the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is Warner Springs hidden little gem. A interesting selection of game meats ranging from elk, pheasant, wild bore, buffalo, rabbit, and elk grace the menu. Wonderful sides such as beans and slaw complete the bbq experience. All in all this place is awesome and i would recommened it to everyone who's into some kickin' gourmet meats!

• Visited September 2012
Corona, California, United States
“A rare treat for those who appreciate fine food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I found this restaurant on a map search on my phone. Then I looked up the restaurant on-line and found the TripAdvisor report helpful in making a decision to try them. I am so glad I did. I had BBQ Brisket and my wife had the baby back ribs. We were elated with the service at mid afternoon on a Thursday. Then the menu arrived and we were pleased to find the items represented a well rounded Chef was present. The prices were reasonable and the meals were outstanding. I would recommend the County Line BBQ to any of my friends and especially the ones who love well prepared cuisine.

• Visited August 2012
Fullerton, California
“Gourmet meets BBQ - finally !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Have not had better BBQ !

Exceptional flavors. Seems like you can taste each ingredient and at the same time the combination of all of them.

Amazing Brisket, Ribs (fall off the bone), Cesar Salad (really good), Baked Beans, Potatoes (not fries but perfectly prepared potatoes). Dudley's bread makes for a great touch. Topped it all off with a killer Chocolate Mousse.

We love the location off the side of a two lane highway. Booths on a covered patio make for a great feel and dog friendly too !

Planning regular trips to cover the entire menu and well worth the 168 miles round trip for us to get to this great place !

• Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“Great sophisticated food in an unexpected locale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

While visiting Shadow Mountain Winery it was suggested that we eat at County Line. My husband is French and so is the owner so off we went. What a great lunch. Debbie, our hostess, was amazing at being attentive especially since she had a large table of 10+ to serve just as we arrived. We sat outside and enjoyed a lovely bottle of wine while we waited for our food. And worth the wait, it was. Excellently prepared ribs for me and an amazing Elk steak for my hb. The sides were excellent as well - great veggies. All in all we were more than pleased and plan to go back soon. Considering there's no competition for miles, they could serve up ordinary fare and get away with it but they go over and above to create a fine dining experience. The place may be funky but the food is definitely 5 star! And I have eaten in France at the best and am originally from NY where fine dining is the norm.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to COUNTY LINE BBQ CAFE? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage COUNTY LINE BBQ CAFE, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.