“Great Sweet and Sour Prawns” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 249 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Chinese
Walnut Creek, California
“Great Sweet and Sour Prawns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My family and I come to Dragon 2000 around two times per month. The food has always been hot and fresh. They have many many items to choose from. Some of our favorites are the Hot and Sour soup, Sweet and Sour Prawns, Mongolian Beef, Fung Shu. The full Crispy Duck is also very good. Pot Stickers delicious. They also great Dim Sum.

Visited August 2013

San Jose, CA
“Great Food to Please Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My father, my son and I often eat here. The food is wonderful with new dishes appearing on the menu frequently. All three of us are always delighted with our choices, and even Dad at 87 has moved past the Szechuan Beef. LOL

I like all the seafood, especially anything they do with scallops. I particularly recommend the pan-seared scallops with spicy garlic sauce.

The pricing is moderate, especially considering the quality of the food, but it's not inexpensive.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brentwood, California
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Had food delivered for lunch today. Ordered the twice cooked pork and hot & sour soup. Ordering process went great, delivery was fast, food smelled & tasted great. But here's where the trouble begins. By the time my lunch hr was up, my stomach was cramping:( Over the period of 2 1/2 hrs I had to visit the restroom 3 times!!!!! And even now (4 1/2 hrs later) my stomach is still upset! My advice? Stay far away from this place!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Excellent Chinese Restaurant in Walnut Creek, CA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I just graduated from St. Mary's College and wanted to have dinner with my family members (all 20 of them) after the commencement. I picked Dragon 2000 based on recommendations on this website. We all found the food to be very delicious and priced very reasonably. The server was also attentive and tried to keep up with our orders. Overall, this is a great place to have a nice meal especially with a large group.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Walnut Creek, California, United States
“My local go-to restaurant for Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to other Chinese restaurants, trying to figure out which is my favorite. This Dragon 2000 stands out based on overall food quality and service.

Their menu covers Sichuan, Hunan and Shanghai flavors. All are pretty good and authentic.

They have a few separate rooms for family gatherings without extra charge, but the setup in those room is quite so-so.

The wait time could be quite long if there happens to be a party going on.

• Visited January 2013