“Late check in problems” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Walnut Creek
Los Angeles, California
“Late check in problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I made a reservation online and specifically noted that we are going to arrive after 11:00pm. When we arrived, the management was very confused and didn't know how to accommodate us. After checking us in, the receptionist told us that the next customer will have to stay someplace else. Bad management skills .
The showers in the rooms designed this crazy way that the water is coming out on the floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear mazcoroni,

Thank you for your review. Its the feedback such as yours that truly makes us better. I am so sorry for the confusion at check in. I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been at such a late hour and presumably a long day of traveling. I am so sorry that you were subject to this at our hotel. I will address this with the staff for review of how we could have done things differently so other late arriving guests do not experience this in the future. Please contact me directly at mike.clarke@marriottwc.com or call me at 925.927.1108 the next time you plan to visit the area and I will be happy to personally handle your reservation for you. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback and I look forward to seeing you back at the Walnut Creek Marriott!

Mike Clarke
Director of Front Office

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent a month here for business with a large group, and they did everything to accommodate us to ensure we had a pleasant stay. I am not a breakfast fan, but I have eaten there several times and was a better than average breakfast buffet. Their dinner menu had a variety of selections, and enjoyed their calamari appetizer from time to time. I worked out at the gym quite often, and is one of the best I have been in. There are many cardio machines, options to work your chest, shoulder, back and legs. Plenty of free weights and space to do yoga/pilates. The pool is outdoors. The beds are comfortable and I slept well every night. All the amenities are available as you would expect from your everyday Marriott. The winning difference were the staff. Everyone from the front desk to the managers were very kind and friendly. I always conversed with them when coming back from work, stretching before I head out for an exercise or just hanging around the lobby. They really show appreciation that you are staying there, and would often go out of their way to make sure you got what you need. They have valet service always standing by to shuttle you to wherever you need to go, and pick you up to take you back to the hotel as well. It is a couple of minutes away from the Walnut Creek Bart Station for those of you who are wondering. When I checked out, I received hugs from the front desk. Where else have I gotten service like this? This place is excellent and whenever I go back to Walnut Creek, I will only think of staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Altoona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently had a large corporate group of over 100 rooms including banquet facilities and I can not say enough about the professionalism of the kind and friendly staff. From the Managers, Chef, Group Sales, Front Desk to the bellman and wait staff each and every person was a delight. Thank you for everything and we look forward to our next event.

Clean and excellent beds, and food was amazing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I really do recommend this hotel. It comes with everything you need for a week’s stay.
The rooms have excellent beds to fall asleep.
Internet speeds were excellent for business use. I am not a Netflix watcher so I cannot comment.
The gym comes with dumbbells, treadmills, elliptical and weight machines. I was amazed they had the ab machine. Most hotels don’t have them.
The pool is indoors and away from the rooms. This cuts down on the noise.
You can either pay for valet parking or take a stroll down the street for free parking. I opted for the free parking. Getting the fresh air starts the day off.
The concierge lounge hits the spot for breakfast. Try not to get the room next to it or you will hear the carts go in and out. There is a code you put in the elevator to get up to the lounge. I forgot and was looking for the card slot.
There is a restaurant and bar at the hotel. This is very convenient if you want to get a few drinks and go back to the room. The food is great. I had the salmon most nights.

Room Tip: Do not get the room next to the concierge lounge.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Visalia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights the beds are so tiny and pillows are uncomfortable. We called to get a roll away but they only had air mattresses it worked out ok. I'd say the two beds would be fine for just two people since they r so small. Staff was friendly tho.

Room Tip: Maybe a suite would be better for a family
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a classic Marriott. It's pretty much what you would expect. Have to say, front desk staff is exceptional. A very comfortable concierge lounge with great hours and a nice bar set-up in the evenings. Location is perfect for working in Walnut Creek, but it sits right on freeway. Do everything you can to get room on opposite side from highway. They put those little sound machines on night stands on freeway side. Babbling Brooke, ocean sounds etc better than highway noise though. All in all a standard Marriott with a great staff.

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Our recent stay at the Marriott was such a disappointment. We booked for three nights with the intention of extending. The fee of $159 per night plus taxes also added an additional cost of $18 per day plus taxes for parking and of course extra for breakfast.
Taking these costs into account I certainly didn't expect that we wouldn't be able to sleep because of being placed in a room directly below the hotel's air conditioning unit! Worse than aircraft noise! The staff were most accommodating the next day and promptly moved us and discounted a percentage off the night's rate. However, surely we would not be the first to complain of this, so why we're we given the room for a three night stay? The benefit of staying three days plus is that you do NOT have to pack up and move. If booking into this hotel request a room that is not on the 5th floor - although I cannot vouch for this.

Stayed May 2013
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Patsy Y,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you had a noise issue your first night. The condition of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. The issue with the noisy room is being addressed and we are very sorry this led to an uncomfortable night at our hotel. I am happy to hear that we were quick to try and correct this for you the next morning and you found our staff to be accommodating. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are planning to come to the Walnut Creek area and I will be happy to personally handle your reservation. You can email me at mike.clarke@marriottwc.com or call me direct at 925.927.1108. I look forward to having you back with us again in the future!
Sincerely, Mike Clarke, Director of Front Office

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!