“Excellent and Enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent and Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott in Walnut Creek for months for Business. They had excellent modern clean rooms, comfortable beds, and all staff was genuinly nice. The hotel resturant was spacious and clean. They also served GREAT food, truly nothing I had was bad, and a breakfast that includes freshly made omletes. The staff went above and beyond to ensure comfort levels. This hotel was all around outstanding!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Oberlin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I work for a large medical resources group and we stayed at the hotel for 4+ weeks. I'm sure the hotel staff were ready for us to leave as our group entered the hotel by the 100's and literally took over the place. However, I was extremely pleased with our housekeepers, who were polite and flexible with our varied wakeup times and in cleaning our rooms. The bartenders kept our drinks flowing along with some good conversation, and the valets were always good company while taking a smoke break with recommendations on bars/restaurants and were really nice! Their shuttle service was prompt as well and Sergio and Eddy were extremely nice while giving me a ride in the Marriott's electric limo. (Nissan I believe?)

Great time overall, although I'd say the walls were a bit thin...although I was too tired to notice as I went right to sleep in my room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Staff constantly present to make sure your stay is comfortable and perfect. Any issues were handled immediately. Nightly complimentary wine and cheese. Open airy lobby bar was very comfortable and pleasant night work area. Rooms modern, well lit, and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have been coming here for years and when we drove up last month, we were met with mandatory Valet Parking which seems to be the new way for the Marriott to make money. It's very inconvenient and the option is to walk a long way from a lot under the Bart tracks. The walls are paper thin in some of the rooms so make sure you ask for a quiet room or you can here your neighbors' every move in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Johnbe,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind words regarding our staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our valet parking and thin walls. Guest comfort and safety are our top priorities and we regret you did not experience this. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at mike.clarke@marriottwc.com and I would be happy to assist in making your reservations personally.

Best regards,Mike Clarke
Director of Front Office
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott while moving to Walnut Creek and looking for a home, our corporate rate was honored which included breakfast at Atrio Restaurant (amazing service, food and selection). The rooms were spacious which was much appreciated due to all of our things we needed to have in the room. The management, Eddie and Mike and the front desk staff, Jason, Trisha, and Iris were all a tremendous help, not only for hotel related items but even about the area and helping us to acclimate to California. We could not recommend this hotel more for your stay or if you are moving to the area and need to find a place. They even have a washer and dryer available for use. Pool and gym area were huge and very clean. Justin, the manager in the parking area was also great to work with. We loved our stay and all the amazing people! Not to forget Adriana and Cherry in the Concierge Lounge, these ladies went out of their way to help us with different things and were great to talk to. I can't say enough about our experience!

Room Tip: Higher Room, King.
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The room was very nice and clean also not that bad price thanks to priceline. Our room was closer to the elevator so we heard all the foot traffic coming in and out. The lobby is a very relaxing atmosphere with a full bar! We arrived at 3am and i was surprised to see the valet waiting out side as if he was expecting us already. Both of the valets were very courteous and professional, they took all my bags in for me and were easy people to talk to, you could tell they were good people and not just acting. Arsen was one and the other did not have his name tag on but he was a big guy with bald head. They even took me in the shuttle to get jack in the box at 3am since I did not want to go out by myself because I am not familiar with the area. Everything was great I spoke to the Manager I believe in the morning and he’s a very nice guy, in fact he approached me to see how I was doing. Also another big man. Haha. I will defiantly be staying here again when I’m back in town. I do recommend it. Just don’t eat at Black Angus Steak House, its overpriced and the bar has flies.

Room Tip: Away form elevators.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The customer service at this property far exceeded our expectations. The rooms are comfortable and well taken care of which made our stay excellent. Every member of the staff goes the extra step to ensure you are having a great visit. We appreciated the variety at the concierge lounge which only added to the customer experience. Thank you for making a stressful trip more enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!