“Customer Service gets A+” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Customer Service gets A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Met my husband in SFO for Valentine's Day. The people were so friendly, helpful, and again they look you on the eye when they are talking with you. A+ customer service. I took Bart from SFO airport, to Walnut Creek. Marriott has a complimentary shuttle van that picked me up within 3 mins of my arrival, that was huge. From the shuttle van driver to front desk, breakfast host, custom omelet chef ( the best omelet I've had in a long time ), and waitress's so friendly and attentive.
Breakfast buffet was hot & delicious.
I look forward to coming back here and spending a few more days, to be able to explore this charming city of Walnut Creek.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel isn't anything special. However the location is good - near downtown etc. rooms are clean, beds comfy, service adequate, lobby bar area is pretty cool. The valet guys are extremely nice and helpful. I would have given 3 stars for service but valet guys are 5 so hotel gets 4. Hotel partially updated but it's still somewhat dared ...

• Stayed January 2013
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

given that this is a mid-priced hotel, I think the prior reviews are a bit too critical. The hotel has decent, clean rooms, comfortable king beds and also provided a roll-away for our two children in which they slept just fine. A major plus is a well maintained fitness center and an easy shuttle that quickly dropped us off and picked us up from a theatre in walnut creek. There are restaurants to walk to and fast food for a quick bite. We did not eat at the restaurant since it is so easy to go elsewhere. And although we didn't partake, the bar area was large and inviting with televisions to watch sports. We were able to access wifi, use our cell phones and the internet while we were there. they also have a business center which was very nice. The ONLY issue we had was when we tried to call valet, there was no answer and then when I was transferred to the front desk they put me on hold for awhile so I hung up. that was completely forgotten when I went to get the car and the valet was right there and apologized for the inconvenience. The best service came from the valet guys who drove us around, they were pleasant, conversant, offered tips for eating, really more than I expected and better than what I've experienced at Fairmonts and Intercontinentals. If your looking for luxury, go somewhere else but if your looking for a convenient, great place to stay with your family in Walnut Creek, this is it. We would come again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed one night for training. I was not impressed by the hotel and will not consider staying there for pleasure. I received a corporate rate. I did not have any wi-fi or cell phone reception in the room I stayed in. It seemed like the room was located in the middle of the block with a view of an apartment complex and away from the freeway. We paid $18 for valet parking- I don't know where the nearest free parking is located. Also, there is no complimentary breakfast offered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OAKWC M, Front Office Manager at Walnut Creek Marriott, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Cristina831,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our your stay here. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We are currently working on improving our cell reception here due to feedback like yours. While we only recommend on site parking, there is a few options for free off site parking that we will happily direct you to. We are very sorry this led to uncomfortable stay at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. If you do plan on coming back please feel free to contact me directly at mike.clarke@marriottwc.com and I will personally handle your reservation. Thank you again Cristina!

Sincerely, Mike Clarke, Director of Front Office
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a rather typical older Marriott that has been renovated. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Staff was helpful & efficient. I stayed one night, had dinner & breakfast. Scallops were overcooked, rice was undercooked. Buffett breakfast had a nice omelette station, coffee was good.
Only strong negative was mandatory valet parking, no self parking option. I would return when in the area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you are in this area on business, then this Marriott is probably your best option but it has definitely seen better days. The room I stayed in was ok, a bit worn but ok for the one night I was there.

The restaurant is kind of non-descript as is the whole hotel really. It definitely needs a good make-over because it is on the brink of being dreary and uninviting. But as I said for a quick business trip it is fine but I wouldn't likely want to stay here for pleasure.

Staff were fine - friendly enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

It's obvious that this is an older Marriott from some of the finishes in the hotel but it has been nicely updated with moden furnishings. The one disappointment for us was the pool. It's tiny (as is the hot tub--3-4 people max would fit) and it was very dirty. I understand that we visited in December and it was a little chilly outside for a swim but if it has been clean, my 5 year old and I would have taken a short swim (the water is heated to a nice temperature). The other down side is that valet parking is the only option for parking at $18 per day. This hotel is not in a crowded downtown area and has a spacious lot do there is no need for this. Free parking, please!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Walnut Creek Marriott? Share your experiences!