“Making Bank on our Aunts” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maumee, Ohio
“Making Bank on our Aunts”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Il Pavone is in the shadows of Rossmore, formerly a LeisureWorld community. The Early Bird dining is when this icon is packed. Everything was fine until we started getting our food. My brother's marinara sauce was neon orange. Not sure that color exists in nature. My aunt had a trout that looked like it cooked itself and the flopped on her plate in some kind of weird yoga pose. Mine: spaghetti and meatballs which were cafeteria like. Chocolate mousse for dessert was fine but definitely packaged. Overly priced place to take your aunt out from Rossmore. Go the other way into Walnut Creek.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Davis, California
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful food, service, and selections. They have the best early bird menu I've ever experienced. It is like having a meal with your family. Probably the best lasagna anywhere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clayton
“Treating Pop to lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I decided to treat my father-in-law "Pop" and his lady friend Kay to a nice lunch to celebrate both Mother's and Father's Day. We had been to Il Pavone before and remembered the great food and service we received. The restauant is Italian-themed with rich dark woods and beautiful stained glass behind the huge bar. The food was delicious and a good value for our money. The waiter was very accommodating to our 89- and 90-year-old guests! Parking is convenient behind the restaurant and access is easy (no stairs.) We will definitely return and make this a regular place to celebrate special occasions.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California
“Weight Watcher Portions Nicely Prepared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Menu selections, preparation and service was excellent. If you are under 60 years of age, you'll be a youngster at this restaurant. If you are on a diet, you'll love their portions. If you are hungry, you may want to eat something before you go here. The pasta dish was superb but not enough food if you have any kind of appetite. I returned home and had a bowl of cereal.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Martinez
“FANTASTIC-FANTASTIC-FANTACTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

by Monica & Rich Rucki
06/23/2011

All I can say is FANTASTIC FOOD-SERVICE & ATMOSPHERE- I have been to this restaurant numerous times and have always been 100% satisfied. I recently used their catering service for my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary, Il Pavone went beyond all my expectations with their food and service staff. Pricing was excellent! I will use them again and again!! It has been over a week since the dinner and I am still getting compliments on how great the food was and how gracious the staff were.!
Definitely a five star restaurant and catering business.

• Visited June 2011