“Rossmoor” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Rossmoor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have eaten at the Creekside Grille several times and each time just reinforces what a terrific job they do with food, service and appearance. The wait staff is unfailingly cheerful, helpful and attentive. The food is consistently excellent. I've had salads, burgers, steaks and fish and they have all been terrific in presentation and taste. They have a wine list that runs the gamut in selection and price. The restaurant itself is high-ceilinged and looks like a lodge in the mountains. As you enter the building, before you get to the restaurant itself, take some time to view the artwork that Rossmoor residents have produced, as some of it is quite good. If you're in Rossmoor, this is the place to eat!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the grilled salmon cake sandwich for lunch which was very good. It was moist and very fresh tasting with the right amount of condiments that didn't overwhelm the salmon. My wife had the california guacamole burger which she said was very delicious. We also had the calamari for an appetizer and it was very good as well. The ambience is very relaxing and reminded me of being in an upscale lodge on the east coast. The servers were very attentive and professional.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We've been there several times, taking my mother who lives in Rossmoor. Very attractive setting. Mom makes a reservation and gets her favorite table by the fireplace. The staff is very attentive. The food is excellent and represent real values (as do the wines). We often go for the earlybird specials, but are equally happy ordering from that menu or the regular one. Our only complaint is that the room is stark (which is to say there is nothing to absorb sound. So in even a moderate crowd, it becomes very noisey. It's pretty enough, but I wish they could put some baffles of some kind in that room.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boxford, Massachusetts
“The Creekside Grille, Like an Open Ski Lodge without the Snow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It was the end of a long day, and we were visiting friends at Rossmoor. We decided to check out the restaurant located on the Rossmoor property, The Creekside Grille. To begin with, this eatery is open to the public, so, if you don't live at Rossmoor, no problem. We entered the restaurant and had to wait a bit because it was quite late, 8:00, and it was due to close in half an hour. After about five minutes, we were seated in a large room with vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling windows, reminding me of a modern ski lodge. A really nice waiter helped us; we told him we were teachers, and he thanked us for helping children. Can you imagine? We usually get dumped on for the state of American education, but this man, appreciated our efforts. I was in awe! The food reflected this kind waiter. I had a delicious beet salad (I grow beets myself, and these were wonderful!) and perfectly prepared calamari with two sauces. The other members of our party were equally delighted with their food. Well, what can I say? With such an appreciative waiter, a beautiful contemporary restaurant, and delicious food, I highly recommend The Creekside Grille, any time you visit Walnut Creek!

• Visited February 2013