“After the "mishap" it still was amazing! :)” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Concord, California
“After the "mishap" it still was amazing! :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went here with my partner on a date night and as part of her birthday gift - it was not busy when we got there - it's a first come first serve type of place - so be ready to wait because when we left people were waiting... although this is definitely worth the wait! I had the chicken souvlaki - which is where the mishap came to happen - the chicken was a little raw - but our waitress had it corrected immediately and they got it right the second time around! It was delicious! My partner had the beef souvlaki - which i tasted a tid bit of it and it also was yummy and I never seen her eat ALL her food before at a restaurant! LOL. She ate every bite! The drinks were amazing - I asked the waitress for a good recommendation for a wine - and she recommended 'the uppercut' - it was divine!! I want to go back just for that! :D Overall, great service - forgot her name but she was super sweet, nice and attentive. And the place is nice quaint and nice atmosphere. Would go again even with the mishap - we are human - and would recommend!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Walnut Creek, California
“wonderful Greek food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We came in late on a Friday night and the restaurant remained very busy, but we got a nice table by the window. We started with saganaki (flaming grilled cheese with pita and lemon) and keftedakia (lamb and beef meatballs infused with Greek spices, bread crumbs and ouzo) -- it was hard to choose because all the appetizers looked wonderful. For main courses my wife enjoyed lamb souvlaki served on a bed of spinach, mushrooms and peppers and I had the pasticio (sort of a Greek lasagne: layers of pasta and ground sirloin, seasoned with cloves and nutmeg, topped with béchamel sauce, all baked in a clay pot). Both were outstanding. Our server was exceedingly helpful and struck the right balance between attention and intrusion. Full bar with what seemed a good scene. An excellent place -- go there. (There are three other Opa! locations, the others in Silicon Valley; the Walnut Creek branch opened somewhat recently in a beatifully refurbished site on the corner of busy Main St. and Lincoln Ave.)

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious, healthy choices and the right price...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really enjoy this new restaurant in Walnut Creek. The price is right and the food tasty. Many of the Mediterranean choices on the menu are healthy - like chicken, shrimp and veggie skewers with a Greek salad; but, Opa also offer other indulgent traditional Greek dishes.

My Greek friend secretly came along as a skeptic; but, was excited to tell me how impressed he was with the authenticity.

I highly recommend the flaming cheese with the to-die-for pita bread. I've always had very tender and deliciously marinated chicken & lamb kabobs. Have yet to try the signature dishes but I will sometime.

I take my family there too sometimes as it's kid friendly. Very noisy, though, on busy nights. They should do something about the acoustics. In the meantime, get there early and ask for a seat in the back. Opa might consider repositioning the 2 tables under the TV's too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The restaurant is like a sport bar with TV, etc and may be a bit noisy. The food/dinner was excellent. We had three types of appetizers (salad, fried cheese, shrimp) they all were good. I specially liked the refreshing Greek salad and flavor of sauce with the shrimp. The lamb was fantastic. The moussaka was very good but as expected heavy (used the left over for lunch). Their chicken was also very good. The service was very good and attentive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
orinda, ca
“Authentic Greek cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The lamb shish kebab was outstanding, & so generous that I enjoyed my leftovers the next evening even more. The two spinach spanakopitas were most delicious. This new restaurant is a most welcome addition to East Bay cuisine.

• Visited October 2012