“A Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We first tried Bosphorus during Walnut Creek's Restaurant Week and I would have given it an overall rating of 3.5-4 after that visit. Good service. My food was good, but my boyfriend's was just okay. We came back to give it another try and had the most amazing dinner! Our waiter was so warm and attentive the entire night. We started off with an order of ezme - so fresh and light and tasty. For my main course, I ordered the lamb shank special that was out of this world!! The lamb could not have been prepared more perfectly. I paired this with a glass of the Turkish red wine. My boyfriend ordered the kofte, which was also quite delicious. For dessert, we took our waiter's recommendation and ordered the kunefe (I think I got that right). Oh... my... God! I don't normally order dessert, but I am so glad we did this time! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“Make a Meal of Meze”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Having lived and worked in Turkey as a tour guide for nearly a year, I am always excited to be able to have a meal of Turkish delights... not the candy, but their appetizers (meze). We arrived towards the end of the evening and were not greeted very kindly by the owner-manager. Fortunately, our waitress was charming and very helpful. Also, our dishes were brought out very quickly. Bosphorus does an excellent job of serving up a copious platter of hummus (one of the best I have ever tasted), tapenade, yogurt & cucumbers etc. My dining partners both ordered lamb and chicken kabobs, which were perfectly grilled. Regarding ambiance, I like the big photographs that are actually long posters of the Bosphorus, but the signs at eye-height telling people not to touch are a little off-putting.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Good Food and Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was our first visit, but certainly will not be our last. The cold meze were so delicious and tasty. I had a dish that was described as a sort of spinach ravioli, which was good. My husband loved his lamb kebabs. We're already planning what to order next time!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Walnut Creek, California
“yummy vegetarian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

On lent we picked this place and loved it! Great service

Visited May 2012
“Fantastic food - a little tight on space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We ate at Bosphorus before the play Legally Blonde - which BTW was fantastic!! The appetizer was fantastic and well plated. I had to try the Musakka. It did not disappoint and the serving size was quite large. The rice was extremely tasty as well. My wife tried the Steak Kebob's. again, it was the right choice!! I recommend this place to one and all.

• Visited February 2012