“A nice walk in the park” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
“A nice walk in the park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you have time to volunteer and like plants this would be a great cause. Ruth is now too old to garden but she had a lovely idea. We went last week mid April and there were some flowers blooming but I would like to see it in season. This place is a lot of work and looks like it could use more volunteers but it is a lovely idea and a good place to spend an hour for a good cause. I bought the $35 membership rather than pay $10 each so that we could return and then you get 2 free guest passes and discounts on purchases.

Visited April 2014

McKinleyville, California
“An amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My best friend and I stumbled upon this gem on our way to Mt. Diablo. I had no idea how lucky we were! The docent led tour was very informative & interesting, and the garden itself is remarkable. I became a member, and now take friends there when we are in the area (and I live 5 hours away!). Definitely a must see if you love cacti, succulents, and a little local piece of history.

Visited October 2013
“"Night to Remember"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went out with a group and I ordered Chicken with mashed potato and spring veggies, it was a simple dinner for me, but the flavor was perfectly balance, my husband had Steak and it was very satifiying for him my hubby is a meat eater and if he doesn't like it he well tell me...no complain there, The one that got my attention was the dessert cheese cake individual with beautiful fresh fruit with white chocolate, I can't eat I felt bad destroying this beautiful master piece dessert!...Over all its a very warm place a little pricy, but the service is presidential...

Visited December 2013
Palghat
19 attraction reviews
“You may get insulted here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I read about this garden on the net and went to see it during my stay in California. It was 10-30 in the morning when I reached there and hoped to spend an hour there as I had an appointment at 12. The ladies in the office were very kind and were explaining to me about a paid walking tour of the garden. Suddenly a male voice was heard from inside the office mockingly saying that I was about to ask for a discount! I was shocked and felt insulted. I politely replied that I had no time to accept their offer even if it was 100% free and walked out.
I won't recommend this garden to tourists.

Visited September 2013
Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Great variety of succulents and cacti”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

After many trips to visit family in the Walnut Creek area, we recently visited these gardens for the first time. We wish we'd gone there sooner!

A wide variety of native and naturalized plants, many of which I'd never seen before, fill the garden. Around every corner is a picturesque landscape of xeriscape plants.

Many plants, ornaments and landscape sculpture are available for sale at reasonable prices.

If you're a fan of botanical gardens, consider buying a membership. These gardens offer a tremendous number of perqs for doing so. We purchased a $60 membership and received coupons for 4 free admissions, $25 in plants, a free year of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, reciprocal privileges for visiting many other gardens and unlimited member visits. While in the bay area, we also visited the Cal Berkeley Botanical Gardens and the SF Botanical Gardens and didn't have to pay admission for either.

All in all, visiting the Ruth Bancroft Garden was a great experience...for many reasons!

Visited September 2013