“Great Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walnut
Los Angeles, California
“Great Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I do not know what people expect from this place. Do people expect 5 star luxury resort with spa, jacuzzi, fine dining, etc, found in Sheraton or Hilton at this place? I've stayed here a couple of times, and I was satisfied with my room. Both times, I had 1 king bed. I felt it was clean, comfortable, and the bathroom with a tub, was clean too.

I do like their breakfast selection, more than other qualities, with american and asian selection. their lobby is spacious and big, and so is their dining area and tables. The only downside, is their location, meaning no shops or restaurants within walking distance. You need a car to go anywhere. If you don't have a car, then you are stuck here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mountlake Terrace, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stay in hotels week in and week out. But this has been the worst of the year. Don't stay here for business. I'm not fussy. But when you check in on a 107 degree day in LA, it will be 2016 degrees when you finally arrive at your room with this awfuk hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
qiwalnut, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello Lizm1616,
First of all I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay you had at our hotel. Second I would like to thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are always striving to give our guest a satisfying and pleasant stay with us.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel always is our first choice for visiting family and friends in southern calif. Great rooms, a pool and free breakfast. Easy freeway access also. Outdoor pool is always clean and the spa is refreshing also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Miss Leanne Langan,

It is always a pleasure to hear a guest that had a great experience at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feed back and hope to see you soon again in the near future.
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really have a nice time very nice lobby easy access to pool. Room was very nice. Kitchen worker I didn't get her name but she was awesome. She was always making sure there was plenty of food for breakfast. And front desk was very helpful. I believe his name was Vincent
.oh and I loved that it was right off the freeway. All my visitors found it real easy didn't even need a GPS. Lol so thank you quality inn.

Room Tip: Had a lower lever for handicap it was great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
qiwalnut, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi Cristina!

I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel. Thank you for your compliments and praises. We hope to see you again soon and deliver the same service you experienced and more for your next visit!
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

There's not much to say about this place. As a motel for a quick stay-over, it's fine (not terribly cheap though!) but I don't think you'd want to spend too long here. The customer service (unlike other reviewers) was absolutely fine.
The rooms are reasonably sized, but a little dated. The bathroom was very clean, but again would benefit from an over-haul.
Breakfast was basic- and self-service in plastic/paper plates and bowls. While normal for the US, it's not quite what a European would expect!
We walked down to Fairway Plaza past the golf course which was very pleasant.
We'd go back if we had to, but wouldn't be missing out on anything if we didn't!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello kkqd1209,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel and give us your feed back. I'm sorry your stay was not memorable for you. We will review your comments with our staff and make sure improvements are made so we can make your next stay with us more memorable!
Corona, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

dear head of the hotel,
the front desk clerk was very rude and impolite. i think her name was mish or something close to that name. she didn't seem like she wanted to help me out and seemed very aggrevated when i was trying to book a room. she didn't seem very willing to help out and seemed like she was just being there just to pass the time and make easy money. she don't belong in the customer service and she don't belong in that hotel as a clerk; she should rather be a room cleaning maid or something that don't deal with customer service. she is way too rude to be in customer service. before she even thinks about working in customer service she needs to get her attitude in check. if you guys have her there working as a front desk clerk your bound to get that place with no customers and go out of business. please consider moving her to a different department or remove her from that position because she has an attitude problem and lack of motivation to deal with customers like me who will never try to book a room due to bad service and unwillingness to help with a friendly approach.
thank you for your time and hope you take my word into consideration.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
qiwalnut, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello Kyle K.

I would like to first apologize for your unpleasant experience with our front desk staff. I would also like to thank you for taking your time to write this review to notify the management team. We are always striving for best customer service, so we will make sure proper action is taken to ensure that we deliver the best service.
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wow, these folks have gone WAY overboard with these things. Of course there's one in the bathroom which seems pretty standard these days. BUT ALSO, they have the TV on one. I was watching the AM news when I went to the bathroom and shaved, brushed my teeth and showered. As I was drying off I realized the TV was OFF. And if that's not enough the heater / AC unit is on one also. Last night was the coldest night here in 22 years according to the weatherman. In the middle of the night I realized the heater had turned off. I had enough blankets to keep me warm but when I got out of bed the room was freezing. These folks have taken things way to far. This was my first visit here and it'll be my last. A very dated property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
qiwalnut, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Walnut, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello Dale K,

I'm glad that I am hearing some reviews about those motion sensors even if they are negative ones. The sensors were installed at the time to promote energy saving. In fact, I've heard a few complaints regarding these and we have been slowly taking them out. We understand that guest satisfaction still comes first and we want you to have a comfortable stay. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the fact that we could not deliver the satisfied outcome we want to achieve. I will inform our maintenance staff to push this task up on their priority list. Thank you for your response!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walnut
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
4.5 of 5 stars 414 reviews
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 85 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS West Covina Inn

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Walnut? Share your experiences!