“Big No!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Vista
San jose
“Big No!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The lady up front is nice don't get me wrong but she gave me a very nasty room toilet wasn't flushed (had throw up), and there were cigarette ashes on top of the fridge I wanted to like this place but I can't with how nasty it was. Unacceptable

• Stayed October 2013
vistainnmotel, Manager at Vista Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
trip advisor wrote us an e mail on September 29th accusing us of committing fraudulent reviews. i am trying to figure out what was the date of this supposed fraud , i have no knowledge of this, could you please tell us who the person was that wrote this review and the date so that i can investigate this. I am baffled at this and want to try and research this so that I can clear our name of this negative accusation. If this is not the website that I should address this please let us know who we can contact at trip advisor to resolve this situation.

Harold Soper
Manager
Vista Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Place is cery good all theb motels aroubd were booked and they they weeee booked too. Soneobe.chexked out nd the maid cleabed it just for us. Very friendly staff wouod cone to again. Rooms are very clean and got lots of room. Its no holiday inn but its not too bad either. Also a dennys very close by and convenient

• Stayed June 2014
Hemet, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here because we were participating in the early morning Strawberry Festival Run which was only a five minute drive away. Super great deal from expedia, even the manager mentioned that our advance purchase saved us nearly $100. Our room was 103 & our friends room 102 faced the parking lot and were downstairs. The AC worked great, well stocked with soaps, bed was comfortable, and there was a microwave & refrigerator in the room - no coffee maker :-( But there was coffee and bread available in the lobby. There's a Coco's in walking distance. No problems, staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: I liked our room 103 better than I think I would have liked the interior rooms facing the pool. It f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

5 Stars all around hands down! Continental breakfast every morning! FREE WiFi and its blazing fast, I am a gamer and it runs all my games with no lag at all very impressed! Mini fridge and microwave as well and this is all standard because I got the cheapest room they have for 59 bucks. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Compared to other Motels I've stayed in this is by far the best for your money! You are not forced to pay for WiFi and you don't have to pay for an upgraded room to get a mini fridge and microwave. I will not stay anywhere else when I need a room from now on, very happy I found this place wish I would of found it sooner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great place for the price. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. I called them for extra towels to clean up a mess I made and they were quick and very responsive. I was concerned that since the hotel is close to the freeway I wouldnt sleep well but in the room there is no noticeable noise.

If your headed to Southern Cal or San Diego, I would recommend this place since its affordable and comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room in the interior
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here on a visit to San Dieo a couple of months ago. The couple who run the hotel made it super easy for me to book a same-day room. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, and the room was larger than I expected. Free coffee, too. In the morning while I was waiting for a friend to wake up, the host gave me a comped ticket to bumper cars down the street. AWESOME.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was in town for a short time and had to find a quick place to stay for the night. I saw this place perched in the hill as I driving through the highway and decided to give it a shot. Ive been to a few Motel 8s with the average experience and wanted to try something different hoping for a much better price, it ended up being a great deal. I wasn't expecting much but everything seemed to be in order. It was very quiet, no annoying guests like I find in a crowded chain. Staff was friendly, down to earth people who offered me coffee and donuts before I left to Dennys. Great hospitable experience, nice location, saved money, most importantly I had a comfortable place to rest for the night. Definitely coming back here on my next trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vista Inn? Share your experiences!