“Great place for us on the budget” 4 of 5 stars

Vista Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   745 West Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Vista
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great place for us on the budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was in town for a short time and had to find a quick place to stay for the night. I saw this place perched in the hill as I driving through the highway and decided to give it a shot. Ive been to a few Motel 8s with the average experience and wanted to try something different hoping for a much better price, it ended up being a great deal. I wasn't expecting much but everything seemed to be in order. It was very quiet, no annoying guests like I find in a crowded chain. Staff was friendly, down to earth people who offered me coffee and donuts before I left to Dennys. Great hospitable experience, nice location, saved money, most importantly I had a comfortable place to rest for the night. Definitely coming back here on my next trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place is great if you simply need a place to stay for the night. The motel is right next to the highway so there is some noise, however, considering the location, the rooms are pretty quiet. It's also close to the Vista Courthouse and within walking distance of both Coco's and Denny's.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the free wi-fi was nice and fast. The motel does not provide continental breakfast, which is a let-down however, they do provide coffee and pastries in the morning for the guests. Overall, I would recommend this place and come back again if I need a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Awful. Do not book your stay here! Be warn. Bad location, small room. The sheet has holes in them, only get 2 towels. As for the rug, better keep your socks on. Don't be fool by the pictures like me. Stay away from this place and u will be much happier.

• Stayed July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I and another couple stayed at this motel for a couple of nights over Memorial day weekend. Bed was comfortable, but not overly so. Light switches were not where you would expect to see them and often hard to find. Motel has a lot of notices of extra charges for many types of infractions.

Room Tip: There is not a usable swimming pool. It has been filled with sand/dirt.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is about half a mile from my house and I have stayed the night on a few occasions when my husband was not my favorite person and I just needed a place to rest my head. Honestly, its a great place to just get away. Each time I check in I tell her Im alone and will be the entire night she puts me in a room right next door to her or directly above her office. To me that was a sweet gesture and made me feel secure and cared for. The room is nothing special, do not expect chocolates on your pillow and a robe in the closet. It is a place to rest your head for a night or two and go about your way. Overall I am pleased with the place and works great for what I use it for. :) Hope it becomes your little escape too on those terrible fight nights.

• Stayed February 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here for business - upon check-in, they had us in the wrong room. Went down to lobby and they fixed instantly. They put us in a large, nice room. There was lots of storage space, but no closet. The bathroom was small-ish, but there was a seperate sink area. They also give you cake and coffee every morning!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is definitely a lower star motel and far from let's say, a Hyatt Four Points Hotel.

Pros: all painted surfaces were not worn out. Looks like the owners put effort into painting. Room was clean. Furniture was in decent condition. Staff was very courteous each day I spoke with them. Internet WiFi worked well and pretty fast most of the time. TV had more than the minimum cable channels, but I don't remember if they had HBO (Not that that's a great loss anyway). A/C worked well. 24 hour Coco's restaurant close by. I did not smell marijuana smoke on the property.

Cons: Room is very old/dated. Furniture style & room style is much older. No coffee machine, hair dryer, in the room. I didn't ask the staff if they had those items available to loan me. TV was an older type, not a modern flat screen. Close to freeway, but traffic died down during sleeping hours. Looks like a slightly rough side of town. Fellow patrons at the motel were very rough around the edges. There was a tough lookin' guy that saw me carry something to my car and he literally stopped on the balcony just to watch me load it in the car. If you were a lone female staying there I don't know if you would be comfortable. Later I saw a large woman with bare sleeves and tattoos walk into her room. No elevator but it's only 2 stories tall.

So the Cons might not be a deal breaker for you, but you will definitely know that you are not sleeping in a Hyatt Four Points. But like I said staff was friendly & courteous. Still I can't give this such a high rating like other people did.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Vista Inn? Share your experiences!