“Lovin" Emilio's family recipes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sandy, Utah
“Lovin" Emilio's family recipes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We chose Cucina Darli Zucchero because it was the top-rated Italian restaurant in Vista. When we drove up, we wondered, "how could this be so good?" It is situated between a Firestone repair shop and and office which is for rent, just down from McDonalds. Our suspicions were set aside, however, when we started eating the garlic rolls that appeared on the table shortly after we sat down. These are freshly-baked while rolls with shopped garlic/olive oil drizzled on top. I don't think that a garlic-lover could have been happier. We loved all of the food, from succulent chicken piccata to delicious tiramisu. We especially enjoyed talking with our server and restaurant manager, Jeff. He is also Italian, and clearly loves Emilio's food.

• Visited February 2014

“Incredible!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I have been here twice now. I am already trying to figure out how soon I can get back. The attention you receive is wonderful and the chats with the chef make the experience very enjoyable. Will be back many times. Next time taking the family.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were in Oceanside on vacation and found this restaurant on Restaurant.com. What a find! We did drive past it a few times before we located the restaurant but I am glad we did. First of all, for some reason we thought it was a mexican restaurant. We played golf and came in for an early dinner. There was no one else eating that early so we had the waitresses's undivided attention which was great. My husband and I both had a salad which was plentiful and good and the garlic rolls were wonderful and piping hot right out of the oven. We both had a pasta dish and my husband, who loves to cook, really wanted to ask how they made their sauce but was embarrassed to ask. I am of Italian heritage from the East Coast and used to my family's sauce (or gravy as they like to call it there) and this sauce was excellent. We didn't have dessert so can't comment. Would go frequently if we lived in the area but will have to add it to our "must go to" places when we vacation yearly in Oceanside.

San Marcos, California
“A Delightful Surprise in Vista!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I are always looking for a good, local restaurant in neighboring communities to eat at. Vista typically has not had the type of quality restaurant that we enjoy. We had driven past Cucina Di Zucchero several times, wondering if this restaurant would stay in business since we didn't see a lot of traffic there. So one Friday we decided to give them a try. What a surprise - not only was the place crowded, but the food was excellent. We particularly loved the mussel appetizer with their homemade garlic bread - that's a meal in itself.

So last night we went back again. My husband had the rack of lamb and I had their Scampi vino Blanco. Both were superb. The chef came out to talk to us and we were joined by the party next to us and we all complimented him on his food.

We will definately go back. And we are hoping to eat in the new patio they will be opening soon. Thank you Chef Zucchero!

Oceanside
“Molto delizioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

For my birthday dinner, we decided to try a new place in the area. Cucina di Zucchero has been open for just about a year and is on one of the main streets in Vista. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by Katie and selected a booth where we would have dinner. The service was top notch and very attentive, the food was fantastic and the decor made you feel like you were dining in someone’s home. Overall, a great experience and Emilio even came out from behind the stove to talk with us. A place we will definitely return to soon and we'll bring our friends also. For antipasti, we shared the Antipasti Rustico Plate (a variety of Italian meats & cheeses with marinated artichokes, kalmata olives and tomatoes served over a bed of Romaine lettuce) and Panino di Zucchero (homemade garlic rolls). For dinner, Robin ordered Cheese Tortellini (tortellini served in a housemade pesto sauce with pinenuts), LJ had the Capesante di Zucchero (pan seared scallops with garlic, sundried tomatoes, deglazed with white wine on a bed of spinach and served with grilled vegetables) while I had the Black Angus Rib-Eye (12 oz. steak grilled to order with potata fritta and grilled vegetables). Of course you can't leave an Italian restaurant without trying the dessert...so we had homemade Tiramisu, Cannoli and Caffè Corretto. So amazing and so delicious!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere