“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just stayed 4 nights due to business close by. The hotel is new, clean and met all my needs. I was on the 4th floor and at the very end so I zero problems with noise. There are a lot of families here with LegoLand down the road. The gym was clean if not small. 2 runners, 1 eliptical, 1 bike and some free weights. Breakfast was good with a few hot items and the usual pastries and cereals along with fresh fruit. Free and fast wifi throughout.
All along, the staff was really great. Always friendly and helpful. I travel to this area often and while I am not usually a Hyatt guy, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor and away from elevators if you want to avoid the family scene.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Wes L, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear TCMexico,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel for a business trip!

You are correct, we do have quiet rooms, so for those wanting to have a tranquil stay, please let our team know and we will do our best to put you in a quiet area!

Our 24 hour fitness center boasts the 4 pieces of cardio equipment you detailed (each has a television organic to the equipment and we stock ear buds in case you forget) as well as weight bench with dumbbells to 50 lbs. in 5 lb. increments.

I hope we have earned your loyalty and can make you into a Hyatt guy!

Wes Lavender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The rooms were very clean and spacious. Much bigger then the hotel we stayed at in San Diego. The pool great. The breakfast was perfect for our family. Having a bar/snack counter is a great feature. I would definitely stay at a Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear mudhonie,

Thanks for picking our hotel to be your host hotel during your family's trip to Carlsbad! I'm delighted you enjoyed the pool, a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast, our spacious guest rooms and the 24 hour Bakery Café!

Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to see you when things get colder in Minneapolis!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed the breakfast very much! A+. Staff was extraordinaire A+ again! Shuttle to Legoland was very convenient and staff was knowledgeable about great places to eat. The 2 queen room was very large, I wish it had more of a closet though. Wall unit for a/c is irritating and loud but what was weird it had a central a/c control?

We did not have housekeeping come on the second day of stay (didn't feel it was necessary and was wasteful) but we did on the third day. Upon arrival that evening The bathroom floor was very dirty, dirtier than we left it with dirty shoeprints dried to the floor! They didn't wipe the water/soap stains of the counter either. The bathroom tile was stained but looks like elbow grease would be able o remove it and a large oily mark on the wood headboard of one of the queen beds, all of which we did not do. The refridge was VERY noisy to the point we had to unplug it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Blgjmd2,

I'm delighted you were happy with your stay with us! I will pass long your compliments regarding your interractions with our staff as they love to hear feedback from our guests! The rooms with two queen beds have 400 square feet!

I do sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced in the room you occupied. I have discussed your comments with our engineering and housekeeping so we can improve for next time (we did replace the refrigerator in that room).

We hope to host you and your family again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a newer property and the rooms are spacious. If your looking for a place that is quite and subdued then this would not work for you. They cater to the Lego Land crowd so there are lots of kids and the hotel is packed. Went down for the breakfast and left for a restaurant as it was swamped.

I tried watching ESPN and the Open only to have it fade out. Called the front desk and they said they would get on it but the next day that channel and a number of others were out of service,

The staff seems well trained and are helpful. The wi fi is strong and quick and the rooms have all the latest in tv, connections and the like.

If you have kids this hotel will work fine as there is a small pool and it is close to Lego Land. We are past that stage and seek out places that are a little less busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite of the construction.
Green Features: Very Eco oriented. Linens and sheets can be changed daily or will be done every third day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear usmc63m,

I'm delighted that you escaped the Arizona heat in Carlsbad and chose our hotel to meet your needs. We do have quite a few guests who are families visiting LEGOLAND (as well as other local attractions), and our complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast is very popular, but if you eat before 8:30 the queues are short!

I do apologize for the satellite issue you experienced during your stay. This issue has since been resolved, but I understand how frustrating it can be to have a program interrupted.

We do have very fast Wi-Fi (and LAN) connections at 50 mb/s speeds and you can stream shows from your computer onto the 42" HDTV (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, etc.).

Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to see you again when you travel to our area!

La Canada Flintridge, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Spent a weekend here for a wedding and this place was loaded to the gills with families. I went down for breakfast Sunday morning and didn't even bother because there was no seating (even if there was the tables looked like a preschool after lunchtime) and a 30+ person line. As for the hotel, if you have ever stayed at a Hyatt place the all pretty much look the same. The couch turns into a soft sleeper which is good for families. The bed was the worst part of the room, very far from a Hyatt grand bed. This one was very stiff and the pillows were not comfortable at all. My partner couldn't sleep very well due to the poor bedding and wound up sleeping on the couch one night. I might give it another shot on a weekday for business but I would need to bring my own pillow.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator, children don't know how to keep their voices down.
Green Features: The rooms have power saver lights and shut power off when you take a key card out of the wall socket.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joseph B,

I'm delighted to hear that you chose our hotel to host you during the wedding you attended recently.

Due to our proximity to LEGOLAND, Carlsbad beaches, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and myriad other leisure activities, we do have times where our guest mix is predominately families travelling on holiday, but our team do their best to keep up with the demand at breakfast. I sincerely apologize that in your case we didn't meet your needs.

I want to point out that all of our beds are the Hyatt Grand bed that are specified for all Hyatt properties and we do have two pillow options available as well (foam and feather). Please let us know when you are coming down on your next business trip and we will make sure you have options available to you. We don't want you to have to lug around a pillow!

Thanks for noticing our green features! We take a lot of pride in our efforts to reduce carbon emissions and wasted energy!

Thanks again for your business!

Stanford, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are ok, but they have no sound proofing. Avoid rooms by the pool or on the ground floor if you want a quiet stay. We could hear what people where saying outside, their footsteps etc, as if they were in our room. There was also a lot of road construction around the hotel so you have to take some detours to actually get to the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mawae M,

Thank you for your patronage of our hotel during your recent trip to Carlsbad! I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you encountered from fellow guests. We do have strict quiet hours, and our team should have been more responsive to requests for enforcement. I have discussed your comments with our team so we can improve for the future.

The detours to reach our hotel are very well marked and we recently received the good news that the construction related detours should be completed by mid-August!

We hope to see you again soon!

Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

From the warm welcome and efficient check-in by Devon at the front desk, the clean and very spacious room, I enjoyed staying at the Hyatt Place. I was debating staying here or at the (very expensive) sister property in Carlsbad, but after reading the reviews about hidden charges there, I am glad I chose here. Free parking (instead of $$$ for valet there), good, FREE healthy breakfast. A bit far from Legoland (15 minute drive), but you won't really be going back and forth to the hotel anyway if you're going for one day. Separate seating area with a large couch was very nice. I could not hear any construction noise either. Recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Allie F,

I'm delighted you and your family enjoyed your time with us during your recent trip down from LA (I love your profile photo BTW)!

Thanks for choosing our hotel! We do present an excellent value proposition with our rates being inclusive of such items as internet, breakfast, parking, fitness center ,etc.

Depending on traffic we are about 10 minutes from the front gate of LEGOLAND, but it may take longer with traffic (we are 6 miles away). We do have a complimentary shuttle if you want to leave the driving to us.

I hope to see you again soon!

Wes Lavender

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!