“Rated #1 in Vista.. now I know why!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vista
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson
“Rated #1 in Vista.. now I know why!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was very impressed with this newly opened hotel. It is modern, clean, friendly, and convenient to anywhere in North San Diego County. I was doing business in Carlsbad during my stay. I loved my room. I was impressed with my King Sized bedroom with an awesome LCD TV mount that swivels 180+ degrees. The furnishings were very modern and nice. I especially liked the large and upscale shower. I was glad that this particular room lacked a tub. I find them unnecessary. The included hot breakfast was superb including fresh fruit and berries with delicious Starbucks coffee.

From the moment I booked my reservation on the phone with Pat Gunn (Sales Director) to the time of my departure, the staff could not have been more accommodating. I met Wes Lavender the GM of the hotel and had an opportunity to meet Ms Gunn in person too! The next day, Wes said hello and remembered my name! Talk about customer care! I look forward to doing business in the area again soon. When I do, I'll be sure to book my reservation with Hyatt Place-Vista/Carlsbad again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear GetBackJoeJoe,

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us recently! We are very proud of our new hotel and take our jobs of providing purposeful service very seriously! Our facility and amenities are tailored to meet the needs of both the corporate and leisure guest.

Thank you for your comments regarding your interactions with our team. I will pass along your comments to Pat Gunn our Director of Sales.

We hope your trip to our area was a fruitful one, and we look forward to your speedy return!

Wes Lavender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in the beginning of November and it made our vacation a memorable one. It is almost brand new and well maintained. We were in California for nine days and stayed 4 nights in this hotel.

The beds were the most comfortable out of the 3 hotels we stayed in. I really felt at home here and was sad to leave to come back to Seattle.

The breakfast was delicious every morning and we usually came down around 8 and never found the area to be crowded.

We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to San Diego.

• Stayed November 2012
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jenny62289,

We are so happy that you chose us to be a part of your California trip last month! Thank you for completing a review about your experience!

The a.m. Kitchen Skillet Breakfast is one of our hallmark features where we offer a great variety of quality items, and it is very popular with our guests. Being from Seattle area you may recognize the Torrefazione Italia/Starbucks roasted coffee we include in the breakfast every day. This coffee and the myriad other items we offer at breakfast showcase the Hyatt Place brand hallmark of distinctive quality.

We look forward to your safe return soon!

Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the last hotel stay for Legoland for our trip in San Diego. Disadvantages: further away from the main freeway, surround by business complexs, fitness center (small & crowded in the am). Advantages: rooms are super spacious to accomadate a family with kids, beds were the most comfortable ones I've slept in any hotel from my travels, FREE continental breakfast was awesome (fresh & good coffee) & a variety of items to please the entire family. We were not able to use the pool but was was small.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear ESKAP53,

We are delighted to read about your recent experience with our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you found our accommodations, amenities and purposeful service to your liking.

Our pool is heated to 80 degrees and is open year round as is our hot tub. We hope you get a chance to partake the next time you are down from Fresno!

Our fitness center has 4 pieces of Life Fitness cardio equipment with TV's in each one and complimentary ear buds in case you forgot yours. We also have dumbbells from 10-50 pounds in 5 pound increments and a weight bench. It is very popular with our guests, and I apologize it was crowded during your stay with us.

Travel Safe,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here with her one year old daughter. We picked the Hyatt Place because of the great reviews and amenities. While the room was large and very clean, I was disappointed that some basic needs (for us anyway) were lacking. There was no hair dryer in our room as advertised and no microwave. It would be so easy to have a small microwave in each room. Also, breakfast was impossible. Although the hotel wasn't full, there was NO breakfast left when we went down at 8:00 a.m. There weren't even any plates left! During our three day stay, we didn't get to have breakfast at the hotel even once. I would think the hotel staff could look at the number of guests and make some kind of educated guess at how much food would be needed. I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Janene1955,

I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We do provide hair dryers in each of our guest rooms and they are located in the top drawer in the vanity. You are correct, we do not provide microwaves in our guest rooms, however we do have a microwave available 24 hours in our guest kitchen.

I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced at breakfast. We serve our breakfast from 6:30-9:00 on weekdays and 7:00-10:00 on weekends. We absolutely do look at the guest count and make allowances with our staffing and preparations. I am disappointed that we failed to meet your needs as our breakfast is one of our main differentiating benefits.

I look forward to your return to give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Vista last month and I was very impressed by the hotel. New hotel, it is well kept and the staff is very pleasant. The breakfast was included in my rate and it was well above the usual included bfasts. Breakfast can b a little crowded when the hotel is full but there was always plenty of food. The room was quite large and had an OK wifi connection. Pool is nice and parking is easy. I would recommend this hotel for anybody looking for an accomodation in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear MichelDupuis,
Thank you for reviewing you recent stay with us! I'm delighted to hear we met your needs with our suite of amenities. I'm particularly excited to hear that our staff provided purposeful service.

While you were travelling on business our location and amenities also suit the leisure traveller or vacationing family, so please return when you have some time to play in Northern San Diego County!

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is brand new, modern and very stylish! Last minute booking got us a king-sized bed with queen sized sofa sleeper which was comfy - bathroom needed more light, but everything elsewhere was nice! Breakfast had a lot of choices, especially like the fresh berries and yogurt, and the 'egg mcmuffin' sandwiches! It got a LOT crowded at 8 and also at 9m hard to find places to sit but they never ran out of food, and the staff was very helpful ; more of families going to LegoLand as it was the weekend. Overall, a very good value- we will be back if we are in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WesLavender, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Girlncalifornia,

Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout of the rooms as well as the contemporary design and color palette.

Our breakfast offers something for everyone, and we do see quite a bit of demand on the weekend. I'm delighted that our team was helpful and kept up with the flow of guests!

Please do come see us again soon!

Hume, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff gave us a great first impression when they let us check into our room before noon. The room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. We enjoyed the large TV and easy access to all the inputs, built into the TV stand. The sink had lots of counter space (always a plus), and I really liked the modern look of the room. On top of all that, the breakfast was delicious! Lots of choices, and everything was very fresh. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Victoria272,

I'm so delighted to hear the positive comments regarding your experiences with our hotel! We always endeavor to say yes to our guests.

Our rooms are well appointed and a lot of thought has gone into the design to make it both attractive and functional.

We believe our a.m. Kitchen Skillet breakfast is one of the highlights of our guests' experience with us. We do offer a wide variety of items and all of them are fresh and of the highest quality.

We look forward to your return to see us soon!

Wes Lavender

Been to Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad? Share your experiences!