“Choose the first floor” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Choose the first floor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall this was a decent place to stay for our visit to Legoland (5 miles away). I would recommend if you don't want to hear doors slamming or other peoples feet pounding the floor to ask to be on the 1st floor. We were on the 2nd floor and could hear feet and doors slamming throughout our stay. They really need to better insulate the door to the room. The breakfast was fine, choices of cereal, oatmeal, hardboiled eggs, bagels etc.

Room Tip: 1st floor to avoid feet pounding the floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel has modern, nicely furnished rooms. Predictable, uninspiring breakfast. Nice pool. Friendly service.
Starbucks and a pizza/pasta restaurant (with gluten-free options) immediately opposite hotel. Other options close by.

Room Tip: We were in a two-bedroom suite at the end of a corridor. Great room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
West Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This trip was for Legoland, and this hotel is not far from Legoland at all. We stayed for one night and regret having to give up the coziness, comfort, and the amenities to head home the next day. The room was clean, warm decor, and no smelly odor of any kind. This is my first time staying at an "extended stay hotel", and I'm extremely please. The microwave and refrigerator were already there--I hate asking for those stuff. My family tends to pack our snacks, food, and drinks when going on short trips.

Room Tip: The clerk gave us a room near the elevator for convenience, but you have to put up with noise from f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I felt close to the other occupants in this hotel, so close, that I could hear my neighbor next to me brush their teeth and shower at 5:15AM. Then I heard the neighbor on the other side of me microwave his breakfast at 6:05AM. Bottom line, Marriott either revamped an old Extended Stay or poorly constructed their TownePlace Suites. It doesn't matter if they have updated wall paper if you can't sleep. Also, the wireless internet never worked during my stay. The signal varied from room to room, so I was hooked up with an ethernet chord. The staff was very nice and helpful, but things like these become frustrating when you travel every week. Next trip, I will happily forego my Marriott points to stay at the Hyatt Place two blocks South, where I've slept soundly and enjoyed a good business trip stay in the past.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor away from the elevators which didn't help with the noise reduction at...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sanvitps, General Manager at TownePlace San Diego Carlsbad/Vista, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Good Morning Anne L.,

I am sorry to hear that you had troubles with hearing your neighbors and your WiFi connectivity during your recent stay with us.

Our hotel which is newly constructed from 2010 and up to the latest specs for the TownePlace Suites brand, has never experienced any concerns of there being a major problem with noise from one room to another. We all have varying degrees of sensitivity to noise and I am sorry we were not able to provide you with enough sound proofing in your room to receive the rest you needed.

Regarding the WiFi connection we have in the past month upgraded our wireless routers to send a stronger wireless signal throughout the hotel and I don't know if you stayed with us prior to this or not.

Ultimately I want to thank you for your feedback and rest assured that we continously strive to improving our guest experience and I apologize for not being able to do so in your case.

Next time you have travel plans to the area please feel free to call me directtly at the hotel for any assistance.

Best Regards,
Chris Johnson
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was working in San Diego and was looking for a suite hotel near a gym and a Starbucks. This gym fit the bill.

The hotel looked to be new along with most of the development in the area. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Check-in process went well.

There is a Starbucks just on the other side of the parking lot that is open at 4:30 AM. Nice for me as I was staying on east coast time. In addition there is a great 24 hour gym (1265 Laurel Tree Lane Suite 100 Carlsbad, CA 92011) nearby that only charged $30 for the week.

I was getting up early (2 AM) so the commune to La Jolla took about 20-30 minutes, but if you leave later expect it to be at least double that time.

This hotel does serve hard boiled eggs as part of the free breakfast.

The laundry room was large and the machines that I used were working fine. They also having a vending machine for laundry supplies in the launder room do you do not have to go to the front desk.

The hotel also has a nice small pool area.

I hope you find this review helpful.

Room Tip: To be close to the laundry, gym and pool, choose a room to the left of the building as you face it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The towneplace had excellent service during our stay. We checked in late at night and we needed milk for our two-year old. When inquiring at the front desk about the nearest supermarket, the front desk staff gave us some milk to tie us over us the morning. The shuttle service to Legoland was very convenient. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and engaging. When we were ready to be picked up, they arrived at the pick-up location in 1/2 hour. This saved us $12 parking at Legoland.
We had a two room suite and the beds were very comforable. They also have a decent breakfast in the morning with cereal, muffins, juice, and sausage/egg muffins.
Cons: As this is a pet hotel, the sofa still had a strong, lingering pet odor. Yet, the rooms were clean and odor-free. In addition, the sound proofing in the walls are very thin. If you have neighbors, they will wake you in the morning with showers/toliet flushes.
Overall, excellent service and comfortable accomodations!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with great amenities with one exception. We were traveling with children and the sofa bed was unusable. The children ended up sleeping on the floor on the cushions and extra pillows because they were miserable in the pull out sleeper. Do not expect to use it. We were there for several days and this was a constant problem that the hotel could not deal with.

Room Tip: The King Suites would be fine for a couple; for a family they just don't work. Book a different...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
4.0 of 5 stars 510 reviews
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Been to TownePlace San Diego Carlsbad/Vista? Share your experiences!