“Classic Older Marriott” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Rheinland
“Classic Older Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for 4 nights with my family. The lobby is large an clean but nothing special is offered. Check-in was fast and friendly. The beds are comfortable . The rooms are clean and housekeeping is good. No safe or refrigerator in the room. The carpets are somewhat dated. WiFi is ok. They have a pool and whirlpool which is ok and clean. Although we did not experience a problem with parking the lot tends to be full. Downtown with good dining options and breweries is just 2 blocks away and easy to walk. Sequoia NP is a one hour drive. Only if you have plenty of time use very twisting highway 245 to go there. All in all a good choice for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Placerville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Here for a conference. Good food in the bar/ lounge area, decent WiFi and air conditioning! Pool looked
inviting but too hot outside to sit for long. Front desk and wait staff all very helpful too. Would stay again. Very easy walk to other restaurants and shops.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will not be staying at any Marriott again. I was having a weekend with my daughter before she has deployment so we met at the hotel (I pre-paid through AAA). The room was nothing nice, very plain. When I checked out on July 19 it was all good. Until, I ended up having to spend another night, but for the same room the rate was $159. My daughter called up other hotels and found a room for $109/ king bed non smoking. It was the Comfort Suites behind the Marriott, when we arrived I gave them my card (same card I used at the Marriott) for holding. The room was much much nicer than the Marriott.....had a separate room with a couch, 2 tv's with direct tv, microwave and a fridge, and a view of the street. Today when I checked out, my credit card on file got declined....knowing there was available credit.....I ended up having to pay cash that was for me to get back home with fuel and food. I checked my credit card app and found that there was a double charge from the Marriott. I went back to the hotel and disputed the charge (which was a joke). The hotel said that the pre-paid for AAA was not received as there is usually a confirmation from AAA as to pre-paid. Though I have receipts from Marriott for the amount of $245.80, my pre-paid from AAA for $246.18 and a charge to my credit card for $246.18 on my credit card PLUS the extra charge of $268.00 from Marriott (and I showed them all to the Accounts person). I was told they would take the charge off my credit card today, as of now I still have same charges. Will they reimburse my cash I had to use because of the situation Marriott put me in? I did call to speak to the manager on duty but I had to leave a message, I have yet to get a call back. So, do not stay at this Marriott as I will not be staying at any Marriott. To make it worse there was lady next to me who had a similar situation.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms to choose from.
carrie g, Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel. We are committed to providing a positive experience for every guest, and we failed to meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology for the billing issue that you faced. Rest assured, we will be following up with our team to ensure mistakes like these don't happen in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were looking for a safe, clean, slightly better than average hotel near the Visalia downtown area. We couldn't have been more pleased and happier. Fast and courteous check in. Very helpful on recommendations and where to go downtown. The room was immaculate and the work out room was not an afterthought. Parking was free and appeared to be very safe based on the roving security guards I observed. We did the bed and breakfast deal, and I thought it too was worth it. I would recommend it to any traveler who needs to get off the highway and have some quality down time.

Room Tip: Quiet, safe, immaculately clean. Walkable to the trendy Visalia downtown area.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were in town due to a family member being in the hospital across the street. The location of the Hotel is perfect for the Hospital and especially if you are going to walk 1 block to Main street for dinner or to have a few cocktails after. The hotel also served as a great meeting spot due to the large lobby and open bar. The staff is very friendly and willing to help where they can especially from front desk crew. Please do yourself the favor of grabbing a few meals on main street adn they have a few brewery's that are worthy of a trip. I was raised in that area and had no idea how much Visalia has changed for the good. During the week it gets a little more pricy but well worth it considering the local options.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the mountains, AAA discount comes with Freee breakfast.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed my 3 night stay here. Location is great in that it's within walking distance to main street's restaurants. The room was nice and clean and I enjoyed the balcony. Pool and jacuzzi were nice as was the lobby bar. I would stay again if ever in the area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I loved the room and the staff. The swimming pool is great (jacuzzi included) but the workout place could be better..
We had a little problem with our door and an kind engineer came straight away to fix it. That's a sign of a good standard.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#6 of 14 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 297 reviews

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!