“Nice clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Napa, California
“Nice clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel location is in downtown area so it is very convenient to local shop and restaurants. The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. The décor is modern and pleasant to the eye. They a desk and free wifi for business travelers. They have a nice concierge lounge on the eighth floor for members who have gold or higher status with Marriott. Lots of snacks in the evening and very good buffet in the morning. We only stayed one night so we did not use all the facilities. I would recommend this hotel as it very clean and they have a good room rate.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Waite Park, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended a convention at the Marriott consisting of about 850 people from 19 different countries. The facility was excellent --- clean, spacious, courteous staff, and excellent banquet food..

Our meeting moved here from another hotel which we had outgrown. It was a very good decision to make this move. Everyone was impressed.

My room was fine: quiet, clean, and comfortable. The bar and lounge facilities were great.

Top this off with shops and restaurants within very easy walking distance and you have an ideal package. If your looking for a great convention facility, I highly recommend the Marriott at Visalia, California

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
carrie g, Director of Sales at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time for your awesome feedback. We love having events at our hotel, I'm so glad you've enjoyed your time here with us. Don't forget to recommend us for future and our associates are looking forward to having you back with us again next year.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed one night on the 8th floor, lounge floor. $259/night plus tax. No lounge services on Friday or Saturday morning. So definitely not worth it.

The room AC did not work well. When we opened the sliding glass door to the balcony for fresh air, the room was attacked by moths.

The bed was comfortable, but comforter had a cut on the surface. The room was generally clean, but is showing its age. When we first walked in, like others have reported, there was a very strong mildew smell.

Some of the staff were not very welcoming.

All in all, it's an okay hotel, but worth approximately $150/night. Next time I'm in the area, I'll stay at one of the nearby Fairfield Suites.

not recommended.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
carrie g, Front Office Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I would like to apologize for the less the exemplary experience you had during your recent stay. I will immediately follow up with our engineering team to make sure your concerns are addressed immediately. Our team is committed to giving excellent guest service and I am sorry if we failed to meet your expectations. I have followed up with all appropriate departments to ensure that we take this as a coaching opportunity for our team. I hope that if you are in this area again we will give us another opportunity to host you brilliantly at our location.
Visalia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a native Visalian, I can an honestly say the Visalia Marriott is the best hotel in Visalia. There are two other good ones (Holiday Inn and another new one I don't know the name of) but they are both 15 min out of town, near where 99 and 198 intersect and there is absolutely nothing out there to see.
I've stayed at this hotel several times for weddings, New Year's Eve, and once when my air conditioner failed in the middle of a heat wave. The staff is always friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean and well kept. The hallways could use some needed attention but hey, I don't spend much time in hotel hallways so I didn't mind too much.
Visalia's Marriott is in the middle of our "downtown" area and an easy, pleasant walk to darling little shops, live theater, (Visalia is BIG on theater and it seems there is always a show being performed somewhere) a children's theater, Regal Movie Cinemas and many, many, restaurants. It's next to our convention center and a block away from our hospital. (I know it might sound like it but I really do have no affiliation with the hotel...I'm just trying to be informative.)
If you're coming to Visalia for a conference, meeting, or family visit, you will have a much better chance of staying busy and entertained if you stay at the Marriott than you will any other hotel in town.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ventura County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

The location was perfect, the little town across the street was cute with some good eateries and the staff were all very friendly. Would not give it 5 stars barely made the 4 stars in my opinion here's a few pro's and cons:
Pro's-
Location, staff was friendly, clean room, bar and restaurant on site with cappuccino/ Starbucks type facility- all a plus especially when there for a convention/ competition
Con's-
Room smelled very musky/ moldie - was happy we could crack the window! The walls are sooo thin you hear everything. No negative to the hotel but unfortunately for me the room next to me/ the wall sharing my headboard had a baby in it that still wakes 2 times at night. Again this is not a negative against the hotel but had they had a fan system that was louder or better insulation you wouldn't hear your neighbors conversations, TVS and babies.... The other negative I have is the amount of staff they have on hand when they know a lot of people will be there. We came up for a cheer competition - they had 2 people in the bar who I think were also the Starbucks and waitresses for the restaurant. Food was slow. Food was decent and the people were obviously trying to be attentive but it was still slow. If a hotel knows there will be a lot of people there have more help on hand.
Overall I would stay here again- I'd just know to bring my own fan/ noise machine and patience. I would recommend this location as long as people understood the above.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
carrie g, Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Dear Travelinmom2012,

Thank you so much for your feedback, we were pleased to have your organization stay with us. Through the experience we have learned how to better staff for such large groups. We want to thank you for being understanding to the things we sometimes cannot control, and yet build a stronger focus to improve other areas. Thank you again for staying with the Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center.

Sincerely
Visalia Marriott Management Team
Groveland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Spent 2 nights. Friendly staff, clean rooms, it was ok. Because its next to the convention center i'm sure they have high high volume, ans as a result the rooms and hallways feel the wear and tear. Not at all saying its bad, but its not close to a 4 star either.

Stayed February 2015
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Frequent1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

Thank you again, we hope when your travels bring you to Visalia you will continue to make us your choice.

Carrie
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

I booked a last minute room to have some me time while in Visalia for the birth of my daughter's first baby and my first grandbaby (that sounds so old). Marriott is my "go to place" when I'm in town and not staying with my daughter. More attention to the hallway areas is needed, not bad, but some guests seem to think that leaving their fast food trash in the sitting areas on each of the floors is how you do things - room service trays from the night before are not picked up until afternoon from what I've seen in my two most recent stays. Front desk staff have always been VERY accommodating - as well as the bartenders - early morning coffee staff in the bar could use some counseling on her people skills starting with smiling. Rooms & beds are very comfortable. Location for walking up the next block for other dining is the draw for me.

Room Tip: On weekend nights, definitely ask for a higher room away from the lobby/entrance or elevators. Marr...