“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Shropshire
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only stayed here for one night. Ideally to go on to Yosemite next day, not far from the local shops and we had a comfortable bed and room.The receptionn staff were very helpful about local resturants. a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Woostershropshire,

Thank you very much for choosing our Visalia Marriott for your travels to our beautiful Yosemite National Park. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our team prides themselves on service and will be happy to see they have met, hopefully exceeded, your expectations in Visalia.

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wish there were a rating option between Good and Very Good. I'd give this place 3.5 dots.

My husband and kids and I stay at this hotel frequently when visiting family in the area. There really aren't a lot of hotel options in Visalia, and we've pretty much tried them all. I'd say the Marriott is the best choice in the area, but not without drawbacks.

The lobby is really nice looking, and clean in my experience. The front desk is hit or miss but Chelsea is very helpful and friendly if you can get her. The hotel is pretty stingy about handing out breakfast coupons. I'm a Marriott Gold and breakfast for two is supposed to be included, but I usually have to ask for it, and I've had front desk staff argue with me about it (not Chelsea!) Last time I stayed I actually reserved and paid for a breakfast-included rate because I was sick of dealing with the resistance.

The rooms are just OK. They are older and need an update, and they can be noisy. Housekeeping does a good job, but the carpets need replacing.

The wifi is inconsistent and they should work on getting better speed/signal to all rooms. I've had to go sit in the lobby with my laptop in order to get adequate signal so that I could get some work done.

The restaurant breakfast is good. On the weekends they have an omelette station with plenty of options. The usual buffet is decent too. The two waitresses we most frequently have are both as sweet as can be. Visalians are generally nice people.

The big downside to this place is the parking situation. Because we are visiting family in the area, we usually spend evenings with them and return to the hotel late at night. On the weekends if you're coming back after 9PM or so, you're going to have trouble with parking. The parking lot is shared with the Convention Center directly behind the hotel, so every event held there has people parking in the Marriott lot. Yes, the Marriott staff put out a sign that says Hotel Parking Only, but that is completely ignored and unenforced. This particular aspect stresses my husband out and can make him antsy all evening, worrying about whether we'll have parking when we get back to the hotel. It's really a shame. For the amount of business the Marriott does, they could afford to have a security guard work Friday and Saturday nights and check for hotel room keys when entering the parking lot. The parking issue really needs to be fixed before I would consider this truly a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Sierras on a higher floor. The front side of the hotel can be noisy due to the...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Mamabearette,

Thank you for your extensive feedback. I am glad to hear overall you enjoy our hotel and amenities. I will certainly follow up regarding your gold awarded coupons, this should not be in anyway difficult to obtain. Each printed coupon is good for 2 people for a complimentary continental breakfast when our concierge lounge is closed on weekends. I apologize you had challenges in anyway.
We recently in late December upgraded our internet, I am not sure when you stayed last, but keep in mind the free internet is only for checking email etc., the upgraded WIFI will give you much more download capability and in fact is a complimentary upgraded with your gold status.
We understand there are some challenges with parking, as we share the parking with the convention center. We continue to make improvements on reserving parking as best as possible for our guests, if your travels bring you back to the area and you have any challenges please let our team know and we will help assist upon your return each evening.
Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check in was fast, staff member polite & friendly. Room was clean, housekeeping was consistent and prompt. Beds were comfortable. No refrigerator (may have been available upon request but we didn't pursue it) and no safe in room. We did ask about that, I was told they could keep valuables at the front desk. Great location to access Sequoia National Park and easy walking distance to downtown restaurants. Starbucks coffee in the lobby.

The negative: PARKING, PARKING, PARKING. We were there Friday through Monday and two of the three nights the parking lot was completely full, absolutely no parking. I drove around for 30 minutes and finally someone left & I followed them to their car. There was a city lot across the street but we were told by hotel staff that there was no overnight parking. If they are hosting special events they need to designate parking for hotel guests. Ridiculous. Although the room was fine, Next visit to Visalia I will look into other accommodations based on not wanting to worry whether I have a place to park when I return to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
PadStevens,

I am glad that overall your experience at our hotel was positive, and that our staff was accommodating. I am however terribly sorry to here of your parking situation. We strive to secure our parking for our registered guests with staff and signage, so I will look into what might of happened. Please, if your travels bring you back to the area, just let one of our team members know and we will be happy to ensure your parking is accommodated by moving cars if needed.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good functional hotel with comfortable bed and spacious rooms..the pricing is a bit on the higher side but its a very convenient hotel to and back on to the freeway - either for LA or to the Sequoia national park..

breakfast is good (includes starbucks on request) and the staff is helpful

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
So glad you enjoyed your stay and our location near the downtown shops and restaurants. We hope your experience at the Sequoia's brings you back again to the area, thank you for choosing our hotel.

Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I visited family in Visalia and booked accommodation here. The room was clean and spacious with a couple of nice room features worth mentioning. The first was that there was a buffet-like built-in in the room housing a microwave and refrigerator pair. Also, there was a coffee niche just inside the entryway and conveniently next to the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows. There were also lots of plugins for the traveler with lots of devices. One item to improve on is a room safe would've been handy.

The hotel staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located near a vibrant downtown. We're staying here again when visiting next time.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Roger H,
Thanks for staying with us on your travels to Visalia, glad to hear that you enjoyed the concierge room accommodations, our friendly team, and the downtown area. Hope to see you when you visit the family again in town.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

They need to update their furnishings, etc., but the hotel is still very comfortable, and the people who work there are first-rate. There is a good breakfast restaurant and bar (which serves Starbucks in the morning). There's also a nice outdoor pool and hot tub. There aren't that many choices in Visalia so this was a good one for us when we went to visit family for Thanksgiving. I've stayed there for years and always felt safe and at home, but it could use some loving attention. Also, Sequoia National Park is only an hour away, so that was a good activity the day after Thanksgiving.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the elevators as possible. For some reason you can hear them moving...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, December 11, 2014
LynneS,
Thank you very much for your comments. We strive to maintain the highest standards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our staff and amenities and have made us your choice when visiting Visalia.
Anaheim Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Okay, I'll admit it: I've come to EXPECT a complimentary breakfast at hotels. Thus, it was an unpleasant shock to realize that there was nothing other that the obligatory Starbucks (NOT free!) in the hotel lobby. The hotel itself is up to snuff; the rooms are comfortable and the usual amenities present and accounted for...but if toddling downstairs in your jammies for coffee and a waffle is important to you, stay across the street at the Comfort Suites instead...

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Arlene744,

Thank you for choosing our Visalia Marriott. I am glad to here our amenities met your comfort. I did want to help clarify any confusion. While many of our Marriott brands offer a complimentary breakfast included in the hotel stay, our full-service brand (hosting just the Marriott red sign) continues to provide a robust breakfast that is not included as part of the room purchase. We do offer a Stay for Breakfast deal that includes breakfast in the room rate, please look for those at many of our Marriott hotels in the future, as they provide a discount to otherwise purchasing breakfast outside the room rate. Thanks again for your choice in hotels, we appreciate your business.

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!