“Close to mainstreet, older hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Baltimore, Maryland
“Close to mainstreet, older hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is an average hotel for the area, the best aspect is its location. It is near downtown Visalia, and about 45-60 minutes from the national park.

Parking is free and there are plenty of spots available.

The rooms and the hotel are a bit dated, I think they are still in the process of renovating some of the areas. It looks like this hotel may have been under a different brand a few years ago.

The hotel is about 2 blocks from downtown, which is easily walkable. There are a few places to eat and shop in the evening.

Being a convention center hotel, there can be crowd issues, but it didn't seem too bad.

There is a micofridge in the room and the beds were comfortable.

If I were to stay in the area again, I would look into one of the newer properties in the area. But if you are at a convention, this hotel will suit you just fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am glad you had an opportunity to visit our Main Street and experience the shops and restaurants. Our centralized location does make for a great vacation destination.

We do make every attempt to keep our hotel up to date and provide an exemplary experience for each guest. Unfortunately we were not able to meet your expectations at this time, and for that I would like to apologize. It is through your feedback that we can continue to improve our property. I will make sure to bring up your concerns with our management team so that we can add to our improvement plans. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me at carrie.a.groover@marriott.com.

Carrie Groover
Visalia Marriott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed one night at the Marriott Visalia beside the small convention center. This is a surprisingly nice hotel for a town the size of Visalia. I paid $119.00 for a Saturday night - the hotel was pretty busy.

What I like most about this hotel is that is located close to the old town center. You can easily walk to the restaurants, shops and full-service Starbucks in town.

The rooms are typical Marriott. They appeared to be recently updated. They are clean and comfortable. I was on the sixth floor and had a nice view of town.

I ordered room service for breakfast and it was tasty.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel is the nicest jumping-off point you are going to find for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, which are about an hour away.

Room Tip: If going to Kings Canyon National Park, I recommend hiking the Misty Falls trail - it is a nice day...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
SMDTraveler,

Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel and Visalia. I hope you enjoyed your time at Sequoia and Kings National Park, we are certainly a great starting point when visiting. I am glad you experienced our downtown, we hope you will return for a visit again soon.

Regards,
Carrie
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Evberythinbg about this hotel is great. The rooms are nice, it is walking distance to Main Street for restaurants and the service is good. It is much better than we expected to find in Visalia. The rooms are quiet and the restaurant is a nice place for breakfast or lunch

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
maperry10,
We are very excited to hear we were a great find in Visalia. I am glad you had a chance to see Main Street and experience the shops and restaurants and of course enjoyed our own hotel breakfast and lunch, our chef takes pride in serving our guests.

Carrie
Thompsons Station, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

While in the valley for business this week I stayed at this Marriott. It's not new and isn't anything extraordinary. It is a comfortable Marriott in a good location. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and as always at Marriott feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Carl M,

Thank you for staying with us while on business to Visalia, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and staff, we appreciate you choosing our Marriott hotel.
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Decor is tired, staff is very complacent (they are next door to the convention center, so occupancy rate is high without the hotel really having to perform I guess).
Everything looked really tired and badly in need of a clean up and revamp.

The queen beds are not really queen beds, more like double beds, which is annoying if you are sharing your bed. We checked with the receptionist to make sure that they had given us the correct room (as we had requested 2 queen beds) and they told us that all the beds were that size.

The pool area was not clean at all (lots of used towels around).

The breakfast is very limited.

We just stayed here for one night on our way to Sequoia National Park and for that the location is fine. Downtown is only a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
I apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay. I will immediately follow up on your concerns. Our team is committed to giving excellent guest service and I am sorry if we failed to meet your expectations. I apologize our hotel only has 2 full size beds in our double bed rooms, please let me know where this might have shown different so I can be sure to get that fixed for future guest reservations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We're on a roundtrip (2 adults and 2 teens, 15&11 yo) - and it's the best hotel so far. Nice (big) rooms, nice surrounding, good service. We asked for some "extras" (coffee, blanket etc) - no problem at all (as it should be - but we've had other experiences).

We would come back gladly. The only thing missing: a frige on the room.

THANX a lot for everything!

Stayed July 2014
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and photo. We are thrilled you and the kids enjoyed your time here at the hotel. Glad to hear you maybe retuning, when you do, we just wanted to let you know we do offer a small fridge upon request (based on availability of our supply), let us know on your next visit.
Lancaster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I usually find Marriott's to comfortable, clean and convenient locations. This particular Marriott is located next to the convention center. My only complaint is, the room was just too hot, even with the window open, didn't help. I find this to be an issue with most Marriotts' I've stayed in, and for that reason I have not been back. I would recommend if that is not a deal breaker for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
carrie g, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for sending your feedback. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience. While the central valley is very warm this time of year, we aim for your stay to be comfortable. I apologize if you felt the room to be warm, please let us know when you return we would love for you to give us another chance to ensure your comfort.

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!