“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
CA
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our first stay at Marriott Visalia. After a long drive in the rain we arrived very late at night. The young man at the front desk, realizing we were very tired, checked us in quickly and in a room far from the elevator and ice machines or anything else that would disturb our sleep. I greatly appreciated the consideration. The room was comfortable and clean. We we did venture out the next day we really liked the location. The hotel was in walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Eureka,CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

this is the Third time staying at the Marriott Visalia ,we had a warm welcome the service was very good and great food and drinks at the bar, the staff is always friendly. Just a block or two to some great resturants live misic enjoyed the walk main st ,also some great murals of Military and patrotic backdrops close to the hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently hosted a lunch meeting at the Visalia Marriott and I wanted to take time to thank the staff in particular Bethany Angelo who did a great job of making sure this event was a success.

The event from start to finish went smoothly and the accommodations far exceed my expectation.

Thank you to all the staff at the Marriott Visalia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Elk Grove, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed only one night for my daughter's gymnastics competition but the rooms and amenities are very nice. Located next to the convention center and in the middle of "old town" Visalia, this would make a fine hub to see the area or as a stopover on the way up to the national parks. The staff were without question some of the most personable and helpful I have ever encountered anywhere - we had no reason to stay longer but were tempted just because everything was so well done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel to be close to Sequoia National Forest. The hotel was less than a 30 minute drive to the park entrance, however, once you get into the park there is another 1hour + driving time to get up to the big trees. If you are visiting the park, it would be better to stay in the park. The drive up into the park is beautiful so the time passes quickly. It was nice to stay in Visalia to have restaurants and shopping which are not available in the park. The Marriott is a great place to stay. It is a couple of blocks from a very nice downtown area that includes great restaurants that are not a part of national chains. The hotel has free parking, free use of guest laundry facilities, a great pool area, and good fitness room. The staff of the hotel are very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The room I had on the second floor looked out onto a roof so no view. That is not important to me as...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had advance notice that I would have to travel to Visalia and started reviewing the hotels in the greater area. I was looking for the best combination of condition/amenities/price/location to downtown. I arrived on a Friday afternoon for a one night stay. From the time I arrived at the manicured grounds and checked in with the knowledgeable and courteous staff at the front counter a good first impression had been made. The room was nicely appointed and clean. I did find some leftovers from a previous guest in the refridgerator. There weren't any events to my knowledge going on at the convention center this weekend; which had been mentioned to the detriment of the quality of other customer's visits. The room was quiet and I slept well on the comfortable bed. When I go back to the Visalia area in the future, more than likely I will return to the Marriot. I have no opinion on the Spa or Breakfast as I did not use the facilities for anything other than the room while I stayed here.

Room Tip: The room I had was non smoking with a king size bed. The room had a small microwave and refridgerato...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had to go to Visalia for work for one day. I knew that I would be exhausted from a long drive, and just wanted a nice hotel. This hotel met all expectations. It lives up to the Marriott name and what one would expect from a Marriott. Clean and nice room with modern amenities and a nice lobby. Staff was friendly and helpful where necessary. One thing that I want to ding it on, and this was the second Marriott of the week that I stayed in with the same issue, was that there are no robes and they do not provide mouthwash, toothpaste or toothbrush, as well as the high cost of internet (which is why I just have my own 4G hotspot). I am unimpressed with Marriott's cheapness in not providing these things, seeing as they charge top dollar for their hotels.

Room Tip: I guess they are all the same.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!