“A decent place if you have to be in Visalia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 20% This Summer!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
New Jersey
“A decent place if you have to be in Visalia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had to go to Visalia for work for one day. I knew that I would be exhausted from a long drive, and just wanted a nice hotel. This hotel met all expectations. It lives up to the Marriott name and what one would expect from a Marriott. Clean and nice room with modern amenities and a nice lobby. Staff was friendly and helpful where necessary. One thing that I want to ding it on, and this was the second Marriott of the week that I stayed in with the same issue, was that there are no robes and they do not provide mouthwash, toothpaste or toothbrush, as well as the high cost of internet (which is why I just have my own 4G hotspot). I am unimpressed with Marriott's cheapness in not providing these things, seeing as they charge top dollar for their hotels.

Room Tip: I guess they are all the same.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Visalia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have stayed at the marriott on a few different occassions over this past year due to a move, and then again while I was having remodeling done. Front desk is always very courteous/helpful/chipper.. I generally have a wonderful time in the bar chatting with kelly and madison... Upon arriving in the bar for drinks I was greeted by a young man whom I had not met before. After taking my drink order, my server disappeared for while my martini had been sitting on the counter. Where my server went? That's a good question! after about 5 minutes my server reappeared. I inquired about the soup and special of the day and the young man was unaware of what it was and proceeded to rush off to check. There were only 2 or 3 other tables in the entire area, whereas the bartender had a full bar and was quite busy.. Server reappeared with only minimal descriptions of the "ahi tuna bowl"-- was more frustrating than it was a help. Finally got my order in for a "big and juicy" burger. The burger took 25 minutes. I could have had 2 more martinis had the young man actually checked on me. While he disappeared, the bartender got busier and busier. I felt like leaving and almost did. The young man who shall remain nameless(for his sake) seemed more interested in flirting with the front desk staff than he did in doing his job. I asked this young man where Madison or Kelly were (making very obvious that i was displeased with his service), and he gave me a curt and extremely unprofessional answer that I won't repeat. No management was ever present to corral the problem... This was nothing I had ever experienced at the bar/restraurant in Visalia This really put a bad taste in my mouth......Wont be dining here unless I can request my Madison or Kelly.....
positivies:
front desk. Clean comfortable room. Quiet uninterrupted sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I stay here every year when picking our children up from the local Summer camp in the mountains. This year we have a new addition to the family, a lab puppy. Marriots "pet friendly" policy is to charge a $75 cleaning fee. Not a refundable deposit and not a fee based on size, stay or anything. Our puppy was in his crate the whole night untill we left. The rate I was charged for the room was $95.00. $75.00 is considerably higher than other hotels I since looked into. Bye the way, the hotel is just average but what do you expect for Visalia. Holiday Inn Express, here I come!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is more than your average Marriott. The personnel are very helpful and go an extra mile to help out. The Concierge floor is the best option and the Concierge lounge personnel are very friendly and helpful. Margo in room service provides better service than any other Marriott. Best place to stay in Visalia.

Room Tip: Concierge floor if possible.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

In for a business trip (1 day) and found a great rate at the full scale Marriott property in downtown Visalia. Glad I picked this ole gem. Great location near freeway and right smack dab downtown. Great and comfortable rooms. Excellent staff on check in and the resturaunt in the lobby serves up a real nice breakfast buffet (or order off the menu to save money like I did). One thing I really liked is upon check-in, heading to the elevators, I noticed this nice guy offering an old fashion "shoe shine." Very cool to have this service in this hotel and what a shine he gave my pair of old workhorse shoes. Pretty cool offering! Great place and exactly what you expect from the Marriott brand.

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip. The room was comfortable and clean. Unfortunately, it was very hot that day/evening, but the AC unit in my room would not go below 68 degrees (I suspect the room was actually warmer than what the thermastat read) and I had trouble sleeping in the stuffy room. The hotel is just a few blocks away from the small but cute downtown area so it's pretty convenient. The woman who checked me in was very friendly and pleasant, but I noticed my coworker (who was checking in right next to me) was treated quite rudely by the manager checking him in. I think we both left the experience pretty neutral overall on this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Zhuhai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed three nights in Visalia as my "glam base camp" for exploring Kings Canyon and Sequoia Parks. First, the pros, I agree with most other reviews in that the room was quite average, great bed, clean with a nice Flatscreen-TV and silent air conditioning and friendly service. Parking is free, WiFi isn't - but available. Cons: Service elevator makes rumbling sounds like a jet flying over the hotel. Management had received complaints before and has had the elevator company out several times to fix it?!? Your receipt says you can do check-out on the TV, after trying without success called the front-desk and they said it was broken?! Gym is nice, but a couple of the free weights show cracks in the dumbbells, so I'm not sure how safe. Unfortunately, a little league team of over 20 kids took over the pool on Saturday night for a pizza party, so I wasn't able to enjoy the pool with the mob. There was lots of little things wrong a few I mentioned above. The hotel is busy so I figure management is over-whelmed with the business and is unable to keep things working smoothly. I'll won't be back and I'll look for a place to stay that is closer to the national parks.

Room Tip: My room was in the 30's request a room in the low 20's this away from BOTH elevators, main a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!