“Friendly but service can be upped a notch!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

Save Saved
You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Visalia
San Francisco
“Friendly but service can be upped a notch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Best property we could find in Visalia with fair recreational facilities - restaurant, bar, pool. The location is great within walking proximity to down town. We had rented a suite and hoped for 'extra' treatment. This is was not the case. The room was a good size, but beer bottle caps from previous occupants were still on floor when we checked in, The room locl had been broken as well. Room service pick up was slow and trays were kept outside of room for extended period of time. We also did not appreciate chairs and tables storage outside the 'suite' room. Overall friendly hotel staff, attention to detail is non-existent.

Room Tip: Room services closes early. No one delivers pizza after 11 and best option for late night food optio...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boeblingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel meets fulfills all expectations .......it has everything you need, it has big rooms, it is of course very clean and everything to high standard that you would expect in this type of hotel.

Only two things we were missing on our stay (1) there was no fridge in the room (2) there was only one normal coffee, the other was decaf, so if two people would like real coffee in the morning it is not possible.

The other thing that is not so good is that you have to pay for the internet usage.

Otherwise perfectly fine, good location, and good quality. We did not eat here. There is an outdoor pool which was a reasonable size with long opening hours, which was obviously regulary cleaned.

I would definitelz stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott before in the past and this one...was very good,close to the fwy,clean,close to downtown,comfortable AWESOME staff and amenities down stairs like cool bar and tasty food and a doorman( didnt expect that bonus).I highly recommend this place to any and everyone...no downside,but typical of the Marriott name...good job!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

A clean, comfortable room in the heart of Visalia. Easy to get around downtown and out of town towards the parks on the freeway. The cleaning staff was friendly. For the price, it was a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Good location for a visit to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
We stayed two days at this property which was located next to the convention center. At the time we booked I had no idea that there was a square dancing competition the weekend we were there, none the less we got a good rate and a nice room. The hotel staff was very nice, courteous and efficient. The two bed accessible room was large and comfortable. The guest laundry was available at no charge, which was a pleasant surprise, however one washer was broken so I ended having to wait for it to become free. Overall it was a nice property and a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

A very nice place to drive up to and our check-in was great, so you can imagine my displeasure to get to the room and see 2 double beds when I had booked a king. I called the front desk to let them know they did not have my wife and I in the room type I had booked online and they basically told me, I guess politely, that they didn't have a king and were sorry that I wasn't happy. I was explaining the situation to my wife when the front desk called back, almost immediately, to tell me that they had found a king and were upgrading us to a suite. Don't ever hesitate to let the front desk know how unhappy you are with your accommodations, especially if they aren't what you booked, as many times they can make things right. The room was great and our night was very pleasurable. Would definitely return to this Marriott.

Stayed April 2012
Central California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

There comes a point, when having a "stay-cation" becomes undeniably appealing.
The children are not with you, but moments away.
You get to go out, but the choices are not experiments.
If you want to invite friends to your "outing", they are within minutes of joining you.
The first time I visited this hotel building. It was owned by the Radisson and was beginning its decline into "has been" status. This was saddening to me, since it was so near many of Visalia's finest restaurants.
Luckily, Marriott restored the hotel, adding their latest contemporary details, which I have lately found so appealing: smart lobby furnishings, comfortable bedding, and friendly staff.
We have spent our last two anniversaries at this location.
The first year, I happened to mention the reason for our visit to our hostess.
When we arrived to our room, after an evening out, there was a complimentary piece of cheesecake, fresh fruit, and a kind note left by her.
Of course, we did not expect this the next year, and indeed we did not receive any edible acknowledgement for being there to celebrate again, but we enjoyed our experience just as well.
To get to Sequoia National Park, many tourists and natives alike, take the 198 freeway East towards the Sierra Nevadas. The Marriott is located right off of this route, and so it is possible you will see many foreign visitors during your stay, as the park entrance is about 30 minutes "down the road".
But, you do not have to travel to the park to have a wonderful sojourn.
My husband builds commercial kitchens.
As a result, I have had the opportunity to eat at some of the finest...and worst...restaurants around the Central Valley.
Having done this, I have developed a bit of a spoiled palate.
The Marriott is located no more than a 5 to 10 minute walk, just a small city block north to charming Main Street, where you will find some of the finest food, and I am comparing it to food I have eaten in Paris, New York, Dallas, Los Angeles...and London, but any food is better than the Brits create (bangers and mash...yeesh).
We enjoy: Cafe 225. I could practically eat every appetizer for dinner. Try the roasted red bell pepper relleno, stuffed with fetta and sprinkled with pinenuts. Equally as delicious, but no longer on the menu ( I ask for it ) is the roasted zucchini with a balsamic vinegar reduction. The local proprietor tries only to use fruits in season, and since we are the "fruit basket of the world", he has little trouble acquiring them for his creations.
Fugazzi's is a fun place to enjoy Italian inspired dishes, with a twist.
Little Italy is my favorite place to go and have an Exotic Greens salad.
Tazzaria is a bistro with delicious sweet breads and sandwiches. We enjoy eating on the patio on cool mornings.
For the Mexican food neophyte, Alejandra's provides a wide array of bean and rice inspired dishes.
Canton Chinese Restaurant is our family's favorite. We know Mrs. Le, and knowing no other restaurant of this genre to compare to, since we frequent no other, it's mighty fine to us.
And if all of this sounds too adventurous for you, there is a Starbuck's and a Subway sandwich shop.
We enjoyed the breakfast we ordered at Zhuo, in the Marriott. Always order the fresh squeezed orange juice. A dinner we ordered there was not as impressive.
In addition to this, once on Main Street, you can easily walk to a movie theatre and then stroll east towards several antique shops. There are also a number of salons and spas, including Este's beauty school, which may turn your hair slightly off color, but will do it cheap. They also do manicures, pedicures, and facials, for a fair price.
If you want to see some "big stars" (Kenny Loggins and Amy Grant have performed there), the FOX THEATRE on Main Street hosts some entertaining acts, locally and nationally known.
Certainly, there are other significant places to visit while in Visalia, but if you are just passing through (I did not mention the Convention Center is located yards behind this hotel), the location of this Marriott could not be more ideal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!