“Another stop on the road trip--night 5 in Visalia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Lewisville, Texas
“Another stop on the road trip--night 5 in Visalia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

A very nice place to drive up to and our check-in was great, so you can imagine my displeasure to get to the room and see 2 double beds when I had booked a king. I called the front desk to let them know they did not have my wife and I in the room type I had booked online and they basically told me, I guess politely, that they didn't have a king and were sorry that I wasn't happy. I was explaining the situation to my wife when the front desk called back, almost immediately, to tell me that they had found a king and were upgrading us to a suite. Don't ever hesitate to let the front desk know how unhappy you are with your accommodations, especially if they aren't what you booked, as many times they can make things right. The room was great and our night was very pleasurable. Would definitely return to this Marriott.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Central California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

There comes a point, when having a "stay-cation" becomes undeniably appealing.
The children are not with you, but moments away.
You get to go out, but the choices are not experiments.
If you want to invite friends to your "outing", they are within minutes of joining you.
The first time I visited this hotel building. It was owned by the Radisson and was beginning its decline into "has been" status. This was saddening to me, since it was so near many of Visalia's finest restaurants.
Luckily, Marriott restored the hotel, adding their latest contemporary details, which I have lately found so appealing: smart lobby furnishings, comfortable bedding, and friendly staff.
We have spent our last two anniversaries at this location.
The first year, I happened to mention the reason for our visit to our hostess.
When we arrived to our room, after an evening out, there was a complimentary piece of cheesecake, fresh fruit, and a kind note left by her.
Of course, we did not expect this the next year, and indeed we did not receive any edible acknowledgement for being there to celebrate again, but we enjoyed our experience just as well.
To get to Sequoia National Park, many tourists and natives alike, take the 198 freeway East towards the Sierra Nevadas. The Marriott is located right off of this route, and so it is possible you will see many foreign visitors during your stay, as the park entrance is about 30 minutes "down the road".
But, you do not have to travel to the park to have a wonderful sojourn.
My husband builds commercial kitchens.
As a result, I have had the opportunity to eat at some of the finest...and worst...restaurants around the Central Valley.
Having done this, I have developed a bit of a spoiled palate.
The Marriott is located no more than a 5 to 10 minute walk, just a small city block north to charming Main Street, where you will find some of the finest food, and I am comparing it to food I have eaten in Paris, New York, Dallas, Los Angeles...and London, but any food is better than the Brits create (bangers and mash...yeesh).
We enjoy: Cafe 225. I could practically eat every appetizer for dinner. Try the roasted red bell pepper relleno, stuffed with fetta and sprinkled with pinenuts. Equally as delicious, but no longer on the menu ( I ask for it ) is the roasted zucchini with a balsamic vinegar reduction. The local proprietor tries only to use fruits in season, and since we are the "fruit basket of the world", he has little trouble acquiring them for his creations.
Fugazzi's is a fun place to enjoy Italian inspired dishes, with a twist.
Little Italy is my favorite place to go and have an Exotic Greens salad.
Tazzaria is a bistro with delicious sweet breads and sandwiches. We enjoy eating on the patio on cool mornings.
For the Mexican food neophyte, Alejandra's provides a wide array of bean and rice inspired dishes.
Canton Chinese Restaurant is our family's favorite. We know Mrs. Le, and knowing no other restaurant of this genre to compare to, since we frequent no other, it's mighty fine to us.
And if all of this sounds too adventurous for you, there is a Starbuck's and a Subway sandwich shop.
We enjoyed the breakfast we ordered at Zhuo, in the Marriott. Always order the fresh squeezed orange juice. A dinner we ordered there was not as impressive.
In addition to this, once on Main Street, you can easily walk to a movie theatre and then stroll east towards several antique shops. There are also a number of salons and spas, including Este's beauty school, which may turn your hair slightly off color, but will do it cheap. They also do manicures, pedicures, and facials, for a fair price.
If you want to see some "big stars" (Kenny Loggins and Amy Grant have performed there), the FOX THEATRE on Main Street hosts some entertaining acts, locally and nationally known.
Certainly, there are other significant places to visit while in Visalia, but if you are just passing through (I did not mention the Convention Center is located yards behind this hotel), the location of this Marriott could not be more ideal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Arrowhead, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Located in walking distance to friendly downtown Visalia this hotel offers easy access to restaurants after day of work.
I drove extra 50 miles round trip a day just to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Spent one night at the Visalia Marriott. The hotel was in walking distance to downtown and night life. Nice place to stay. Great parking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I just came from Wuksachi Lodge in Sequoia National Park (see review) and this place felt like the St. Regis! I know the hotel was slow, but plenty of FREE parking, fast checkin and out, nice room and complimentary wi-fi (I think my mate got it thrown in as a nice gesture by the front desk). To make it better, they have 100 channels on cable. Loved it! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
RSA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We were a group of 12 people and needed a place to overnight on our way to San Francisco. Some friends suggested Marriott Visalia. We arrived quite late but check-inn was smooth and quick. The rooms were big and clean. We were hungry and the lady at reception immediately advised us where to eat in town. Breakfast the next morning was good, although not included in the price. The Christmas Village display was amazing, as Nitroxprt mentioned. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This was my second stay at this Marriott in Visalia this year, and I found the quality, standards,value, service up to the usual high quality I have experienced here in past stays.

As I stayed during the Christmas season, the hotel was nicely decorated and there was a great "Christmas Village" display in the lobby, it was really nice.

Room fine, quiet, clean, and well appointed. Bed was very comfortable. Staff is very friendly and service oriented. I will stay again, and am very satisfied.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!