“A MUST to stay if you are having a big EVENT!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center

You added Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center to your Saves list
Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Anaheim, California
“A MUST to stay if you are having a big EVENT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed for 3 nights while on a "Business" trip/Grand Council for Job's Daughters of California. I have to tell you that their staff is so friendly and very knowledgeably of the area and the local places. The lobby is SO CLEAN!! The rooms are bigger than you think and I loved the floor plan! The front desk was AWESOME!! If you are need of a group rate make sure you ask for the General Manager they are WONDERFUL!! It worked GREAT for us...we needed the hotel rooms for sleeping and the Convention center for our "Business" part of Grand Council!! I would MOST definitely stay here again if I am every in town. Barbie T

• Stayed November 2015, traveled on business
      Cleanliness

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2015

I stayed at the Marriott Visalia for two nights for business. The facilities were nice and clean, though there was a little wear and tear on the room. The staff were all great and I was able to make a lot of use of the workout room, which had good, updated equipment. There was a little noise between rooms and definitely some from the hallways.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled on business
      Location
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2015

First, let's be clear. I ordered the room through one of the Negotiator web sites. Not that it should make any difference in the quality of the place, but still... Transparency.

Check in went well. Staff was courteous. No bell staff at 7PM. Maybe there never is.

Room was standard corporate fare. Look, you roll into a Marriott, you know what the room's going to be. Toilet seat was off kilter and had some chips. Well, it's not like it's a premium hotel in a real city, right? You gotta take things like that into account.

King bed, lots of pillows, comforter... wait.. is that a funky shaped yellowish stain on the comforter/blanket? Kinda looks like... You KNOW what it looked like. GET IT OFF THE BED NOW!

No food available. Walked to nearby restaurant. That's a story for another rating.

Thanksgiving Day and we're ready to eat and hit the road. Down to a wonderful breakfast. Omelette bar, beautiful breakfast buffet... Mmmmm. Cant' wait.

The breakfast buffet was pretty sparce. Cold sausages. No eggs. No bacon. Warm, soft, diced potatoes. You know the ones. They come in a bag from he frozen food section of your local grocery store? Miscellaneous stale pastries. Waffle machine covered in goo. Some fruit. Some breads. [sigh] Try the omelette.

Cook was obviously not interested in being there. Sparce mixture of ingredirents, unfinished eggs, and poor execution. Okay, this was a bad idea.

My girlfriend ONLY wanted bacon and eggs. No eggs? Sh'll settle for bacon. No bacon?? Waitress said she'd take care of it and came bag with a bowl full of bacon. It had obviously been dumped in the fryer. Mmmm... chicken flavored bacon.

Try again. Not deep fried this time, but burnt to a delicate black char.

Manager wrote off our meal. Worst food I have ever been subjected to at a Marriott.

Visalia Marriott? Isn't there a Best Western nearby?

Room Tip: A different hotel
  • Stayed November 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
carrie g, Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, December 2, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are mortified to hear about your experience at our hotel. We hope to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable stay every time, and clearly failed to meet your, and our, expectation. Please accept our sincerest apology for falling short during your stay. We will be sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure corrective measures are taken immediately to address the issues you experienced. If your travels bring you back to Visalia, we hope you will give us an opportunity to host you again. And I truly hope that we will be able to not only meet but exceed your expectations.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2015

I stayed here for a quick business trip. My room was on the 2nd floor right by the elevators, and the 2nd floor is open overlooking the lobby where the restaurant is. Because of this is was very loud until the restaurant closed late at night.

My room was pretty average, you could tell it was older, with some black in the shower, etc... Also, I wouldn't say it was the cleanest. I had my phone on the night stand and it fell off, when I picked it up off the floor, it was covered in dust and dirt - kind of gross.

All of my staff interactions were pleasant and I did eat at the restaurant, I had the tacos and they were pretty good.

• Stayed October 2015, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
carrie g, General Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2015
Carly E,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take these comments very seriously and will follow up immediately with housekeeping, as this is certainly not the norm at our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to Visalia.

Carrie
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2015

We come here pretty often (on our way to Napa or Tahoe) and I have never thought it was loud. I never noticed any fwy sounds or hospital sounds.. There is no concierge although the website mentions it. They do offer (elite mbrs) a choice of appetizers. I gotta say the appetizers are ridiculous but I wouldn't turn them down.Choices included chips and salsa or a cheese plate. I forget the other choices..not memorable. Cheese "mini" platter is about 16 small cubes of yellow/pepper jack cheese and about 8 crackers. It is a small portion. The appetizers should be better. I wish they had a little bottle (a split) of wine offered with the appetizer, then it would feel more fair and a very nice touch. The breakfast buffet is very good, albeit expensive, with made to order omelettes. Luckilly, it is free for platinum (unsure if so for gold). The staff there is very nice/good/attentive. This hotel is right next to some really good restaurants, such as Vintage Press and Gorilla quesadilla. (faves).
The staff has ALWAYS been friendly and, we have been here many times over the years. No, it's not JW standard, but it's freakin' Visalia. The last guy did forget that we were elite (so what?) had a welcome bag but we reminded him. The (platinum) welcome bag had 2 waters and 2 small pouches, 1 candied almonds and 1 walnuts. Yummy almonds, actually, but the walnuts were walnuts-about a handful.
Wifi was good. lobby was remodeled a while back. It is pretty nice. Yeah, they always forget my choice of "extra feather pillows". They forgot both times when we were there in October. Those huge block pillows are only useful if you want to sit up in bed and watch tv. And about TV, both times they did not have a channel guide and we had to call down for one to be brought up. The second time, they sent up a printed copy. gotta fix that bec it is very hard to figure out the channels-there are so many. The mechanic was awesome. He was there in a flash to fix the compressor or whatever it was so that the AC started up again. I think his name is William and he is always there and is extremely helpful, and genuinely nice. Door guys are friendly.
The other reason I have 4 was the price! If you go at the right time, the deals can be good. Bed is comfy. I wish they had a safe in the room. ugh.

• Stayed October 2015, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vicky-McG
Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2015

I booked this hotel for one night and requested a quiet room. They failed to inform me it is located 1/2 block from a hospital on one side and a freeway on the other. There were 3 helicopters that landed and took off in the first 2 hours I was there. Very loud.
Let's not forget the rudest bar tender in the nation and the two smarmy young dim front desk people.
The saving grace was Manny the bell man and one of the managers John. Both were professional and top knoch. The rest of the the entire hotel needs a retraining in customer service. Too loud and rude for me stay somewhere anywhere else.

Room Tip: There isn't one
  • Stayed September 2015, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank WiakoloaWahine8
carrie g, Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We make every effort to ensure a comfortable stay for every guest at our hotel, and unfortunately we fell short in meeting your expectations and for that we are extremely sorry. Rest assured, we will share your comments and insight with the appropriate team members so we can continue to improve on our customer service. Once again, we are truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2015

For me, the staff is always the most important part of the stay and the front desk staff at the Visalia Marriott was top-notch. The hotel itself had frayed carpeting in the hallways and marks on the walls throughout. The room was clean and well-appointed.
The downtown area around the hotel was lively with a farmers market, a brew pub and good restaurants within easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2015, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
carrie g, Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. Our staff will be delighted to hear your comments. Your feedback about the carpet and the walls is extremely important to us. We will make sure to share your feedback with the appropriate department so that we can address those issues. We hope to have an opportunity to host you again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
Fairfield Inn Visalia
Fairfield Inn Visalia
#8 of 14 in Visalia
3.5 of 5 stars 101 reviews

Been to Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!