“Overall good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Visalia

You added Marriott Visalia to your Saves list
Marriott Visalia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Court, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Presidian)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
San Diego, California
“Overall good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend, because there were no other hotels closer to Sequoia Kings Canyon. Visalia is a solid 30-45 minutes drive to the park entrance, and then it is another hour to get up to the main attractions of the park. That made for a lot of back and forth driving, which wasn't great. I would definitely just pay extra to stay at the park lodge if I did it again. That having been said, the hotel itself was a standard Mariott experience. Good beds, good service, clean, etc... Its also within a short walking distance of a number of bars restaurants in downtown Visalia which was nice not to have to drive after a day in the car. All in all, its probably about the nicest hotel anywhere in the area, but if you're going to the park, I would recommend staying closer.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
N. Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Great bed. Quiet room Blackout curtains. What more do you need for a great hotel room? Oh yeah--the view. No view. Not much to do in Visalia. I was there for a dog show in the area or wouldn't go to Visalia. But I liked this hotel/my room so much that I considered staying an extra night just to relax before a long drive home. Coming from me that says a lot. i am extremely finicky about hotel rooms. I would absolutely stay here again if I find myself in Visalia.

Pool was heated and nice size. Not overchlorinated like so many hotel pools.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have been staying at this Marriott for the past 3 months almost on a weekly basis. Last night, I woke in the middle of the night to find a bed bug on my covers. I was moved to another room at 2:30 am, however, I was extremely disappointed to find out that because the "technician" couldn't find the bed bug(s) the next day, that they were not going to treat the room! Can you believe this! This Marriott would prefer to house bed bugs and loose the income of a loyal customer. Please educate yourselves!!!!! The room that was positively identified to have a bed bug was room 730. I will absolutely not stay at this Marriott again and if you know anything about bed bugs, it's not wise to stay at a location that won't treat an infestation. One bed bug constitutes an infestation. My only regret is that I didn't collect the bed bug in a glass and take a photo for proof.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
VISMC, General Manager at Marriott Visalia, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Please, understand we do not take these matters lightly, the health and safety of our guest is important to our team. After your departure our trained engineer inspected the room and found no evidence of bed bug activity. Further, to confirm our findings we requested our pest prevention company to respond and inspect the room. The service report from our pest prevention company is as follows; "Inspected room 730 for bedbugs and found no bedbugs or bedbug activity. There is no other service required for this room at this time. This room is ready for service."

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact our hotel directly. We do appreciate your choosing our Marriott hotel.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was an awesome trip, I stayed for 4 days for work. I spent a lot of time dining alone at the hotel bar. The bartenders were extremely pleasant and spent a lot of time making conversation during their slow time and worked diligently during faster times. The staff at the front desk was accommodating and kind. While breakfast was highly over-priced, the rest of the food was reasonable. The beds/bedding extremely comfortable, and having a balcony is very nice when the weather is so wonderful. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I return for work again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Discovery Bay, California, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel a few times over the years. It was originally a Radisson hotel, and only recently converted to a Marriott. However, management has yet to renovate it.

The main issue my family and I had with this hotel was the fact that the windows were not securely fastened to the wall. This meant that we heard all of the traffic outside, and the freezing cold wind blew into the room all night long.

We were also told all beds had new Pillow-Top mattresses. Both my wife and I woke up feeling like we had been camping and sleeping on the ground.

If you are going to visit Visalia, and you like the Marriott name, I would suggest staying at the Marriott Fairfield.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
North Salt Lake, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed at the Visalia Marriott to attend a wedding. For the most part the stay was what you would expect in an older non-luxury Marriott, but there were some definite bright spots, especially the attentiveness of the staff. Our room was as we requested, on a high floor with extra towels, feather pillows and a small fridge. The main desk was helpful with dining suggestions outside the hotel and even told us where we could buy wine whe we got back after the bar had closed at 11:30. While waiting, they brought us water while we visited in the lobby.

The room was clean, but the bathroom floor tile is in poor shape. The bed was very comfortable, lots of comfy pillows. Lighting was pretty good for a hotel although the switches are in odd places, not where you would expect them. The room was quiet and we slept undisturbed.

• Stayed January 2011
Magalia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

The hotel was very clean, quiet, and the staff was very polite. Overall, it was really nice. I would have given it five stars, but for the price, I expected breakfast to be included. Instead they had a menu for their restraunt with outrageous prices!! Pancakes for $9.00!!!!! Give me a break! How much do pancakes cost to make.......? $2, $3? The food aspect was a total rip!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Visalia? Share your experiences!