“Awful, Nasty Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Valley of the Sun
“Awful, Nasty Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

This hotel should be reported to the city of Visalia for all sorts of violations. The entire property is unkept somewhat dangerous. Apparently the owners are trying to squeeze every cent they can out of the propery without investing anything back into their "golden goose." The one night we stayed at the hotel there were some obvious illegal "transactions" taking place. Although, in all fairness this is not uncommon in the hotel industry it is usually more discreet. The mattress in our room was worn out and the pillows were flat and hard as a rock making our attempts at a restful sleep impossible. The next morning out continental breakfast consisted of dry cereal, milk, coffee and toast. We passed on it. But what could we expect for less than $50.00 per nite? We checked out the next day and for $20.00 more we went to the Lampliter Inn for an absolutely enjoyable experience and a good nites sleep.

• Disliked — The hotel seemed to be dirty and unkept. Owners just seem interested in making money no matter what.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seaside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

Ok so we check in and get to the room. It is overall somewhat clean. There was holes in the comforter, there were only two tiny pillows on a king size bed. There was one towel and one wash clothe. So we call down to the front desk and ask them to bring us some towels and blankets and they tell us that they can only give us one more towel and one more pillow. Now mind you we have a family of four (two small children). So I took what they could give me. The next morning we woke up late and was in a hurry so we all got in the shower. When we get out there is water all over the floor everywhere. There was no plastic liner. So I then called the front desk and told them that we were all soaking wet and that the floor was soaked and we used our only two towels to clean up the water so that our kids would not fall. He says I canot bring you anything and your room isnt allowed anymore towels. The worst customer service ever. The air conditioners suck. It took 7 hours to cool the room off. When you walked across the floor(we were on the second floor #231) there were places in it that it felt like the floor was going to fall through.

I work for a hotel and I would have been fired if I would have acted like that to a guest. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. Not even in an emergency!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Absolutly nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buckeye, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

We had a family emergency on Christmas day forcing us to Visalia, we had to book a room at the drop of a hat , we were on a budget and ended up here.
First and formost our room had no smoke detector, just a hole where it should be ( I reported this to officials) secondly the carpet was filthy, and appeared to have had water damage. I walked accross the room in my bare feet after a shower and they were dirty. Furniture seemed to be randomly placed.
I checked the bed and it seemed OK We only stayed because we were exhausted after long hours at the hospital.
I wasn't expecting the Ritz but this was just awful!! Motel 6 would have been better and as it turns out cheaper too.

• Liked — I liked nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2006

I recently spent three nights here and had a very comfortable stay. This is not the Ritz, but its basic amenities are clean and the staff are nice. I booked online and got a good rate on a room that had two queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, and automatic coffee maker. Cable TV selections were more than adequate. Coffee was provided free of charge. There's also a pool available, which undoubtedly comes in handy during the extremely hot San Joaquin Valley summers. When I'm back in the area, I'll definitely swing back by.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Sequoia Area? Share your experiences!