“Decent place to crash!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Ventura, California, United States
“Decent place to crash!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was a little sceptical about this place from seeing the picture of this place, but I was on a budget and it had the most decent reviews for the price. I was first happy that the front desk gave me a call a few hours before I was supposed to be there to confirm my res. They also held a specific room for me after my request for the most quiet room there. I thought that was awesome. Check in was easy, the rooms are a pretty decent size. Was stoked to see a fairly large fridge, bigger than the standard little dorm size ones most motels have, and there was also a microwave. I was also happy to see that the bed was fairly new and comfy and so were the sheets. The bathroom was completely brand new which was a very nice surprise!! Not sure how the noise of the place is normally since we were only there at night time and had the a/c on the whole time since it was hot. Parking I will tell you is challenging. When the motel is at capacity, every space is taken and then some. I'm surprised we were able to get a spot both nights, but we did. The breakfast in the morning was a little subpar, but what can you expect. It's nice they give you anything at all I guess. It consisted of waffles you make fresh, cereal, toast, prepackaged pastries, coffee, juices. There's a Starbucks, Ihop, Marie Callendars, and Jack in tbe Box near by. It'll get you going. In all, a decent place to crash if you are on your way to and from the national parks near by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Piastow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very good location, a lot of restaurants and shopping centres nearby. Rooms are very spacious with comfortable beds. Only problem was the noise from AC during night - its VERY noisy!
Room was quiet and clean with all necessary amenities. Breakfast was ok, self-made waffles and coffee (everything very sweet)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Visalia Econolodge the night before visiting Sequoia National Park. And what a nice surprise...both the pleasant town of Visalia and the Econolodge. My room was spaceous and spotless. It had a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, plenty of electrical outlets for chargers and my computer. AC was a bit noisy, but I slept right through it, since the bed was very comfortable. Shower nozzle was so low, only midgets could use it comfortably, but that's about the only negative aspect of the experience. Breakfast was good...especially the waffles. But plenty of restaurants are located on Mooney Blvd. for breakfast lunch or dinner. I'd definitely stay again at the Econolodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I slept very good the room was very clean no smell.service was good showers are great if your body is very tense
The shower there could help you I felt so relaxed after showering the pressure temp. Perfect This place has come a far way from were
It was a few years ago.Very nice and clean.

• Stayed April 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here on our way to visit Sequoia National park. It was about $10 more expensive that other places we had stayed in on our trip but the rooms were lovely and roomy and the beds were Sealy beds and very very comfy.

Breakfast is great as It includes waffless (you make them yourself) toast, muffins and scrolls.

Not a bad place is you are passing through for the night.

Room Tip: Not bad however there is nothing to do in Visalia.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

My second stay. Couldn't have been better. Had a spacious room, coffee, microwave, fridge, spotless room, pool. Easy free wireless, work area desk. Quiet, parked six feet from the room. I find it hard to believe some of the other downer comments.

Two weeks ago I stayed at the Paris Hilton in a $600 room. My room here was larger, bed a queen size not a double size, free WiFi not 20 euros! Well, OK Visalia in not Paris, but you get my point.

I didn't try the breakfast as I had a great breakfast two blocks south at IHOP.

Stayed April 2012
Yucaipa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed one night here after having a bad experience at another motel. What a difference!

I could see that employees were busy trying to make the place better. The lobby was clean and smelled good, as did the room. This place isn't perfect, but it's nice and the staff treats you like you're welcomed and appreciated. I will be back and forth on business over the next few weeks and will stay here. In fact, I will stay here anytime I have business in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Been to Econo Lodge Sequoia Area? Share your experiences!