“Not Bad Just For The Night” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Visalia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4645 W. Noble Ave., Visalia, CA 93277-1539   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Ontario, California
“Not Bad Just For The Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

We stayed here enroute to Sacramento for Thanksgiving. I did not realize how far off of 99 it was but it wasn't as bad as some of other posters said. Pulled up and was in my room within 5 minutes. The lady at the front counter was great - super nice and later on, provided me with extra blankets!!

The room was TINY though - for myself, my mom & my 6 year old son, it was way tiny, but I didn't mind it that much since we were only sleeping and showering there.

It was quiet at the beginning but some people got in around midnight-1AM who were insanely loud above us.....

It wasn't worth the $55 a paid but oh well!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I believe the folliwing issues are very critical to consider before you stay in this place.
Hotel employees and their friends got drunk walking with opened alchohol bottles in the premises. The excuses was they stay in one of the guest room.
The rooms we stayed in were not fire safe.
Some of the front desk attendents were not polite with guests.
We had few rooms booked. And one of them were full of bed bugs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Lompoc, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed at this Days Inn on a week night in June as a stop over on our way to Sequoia National Park. We checked in around 9:30pm. The clerk was courteous and thorough. AAA discount for the room, a bargain at $62. We aren't picky, only wanting a quiet, safe place to stay overnight at a reasonable price. It was perfect and clean except for the noisy air conditioning unit. Free continental breakfast offered cereal, toast, and danishes, and coffee and juice. Check out was a breeze, and the morning clerk was also very friendly. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Country Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We seldom book ahead when travelling during the off season and always ask to view the room before accepting it, however on this occasion one of our party was ill, and we were not so thorough with our selection. Room facilities included coffee machine, fridge, microwave. Bed spread was a little tired. We had a downstairs room and found the carpet to be filthy. We usually walk around barefooted in a carpeted room, but found our feet were soon soiled. When you walked barefoot and then stepped into the shower tub dirty foot prints were left on the bathtub. At $65 inclusive of tax the room was not the cleanest and certainly not the least expensive of a three week US holiday.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
NIPOMO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

Hotel is full of ? illegal aliens/field workers. Room is disgusting filfty mess. Grease on floor/carpet/shower. Wall spackled and left unsanded and unpainted. Spoke to manager....didn't seem to care that the floor is greasy but were happy to take our money. Had to were sandals while in the room in fear of getting hepatitis from floors. Never stay at this place.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — dirty room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2005

This was a pretty awful place. The bedspread and the sheets were torn, but the worst part of all was the large number of contract workers staying there. They were not too noisy at night, but I found it impossible to eat the possibly better than average breakfast because of their appalling table manners and foul language. The stay may not have been so bad if I had taken breakfast in my room.

On the positive side, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful and it was possible to use the internet for free for 15 minutes.

It was perhaps a bit further from town than we had realised but we did find an excellent place nearby for probably the best meal I had in my 3 week vacation.

Being in a one-way system made this place very difficult to find. We could see it but it took us 3 attempts and about 15 minutes to get into the grounds.

Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2004

I had a reservation for a week's stay here. The clerk told me that my non-smoking room was on the nice and quiet side. NOT!!!

Not sure but no one could tell me why a smoking room was next door to my non-smoking room. The constant smell of cigarette smoke was in the air and in my room.

I couldn't dial out the first night and when I called the hotel clerk, he informed me that the manager wasn't around so he didn't know why my phone wasn't working. The next day, they told me it was because it wasn't turned on when I had checked in. They proceeded to say they didn't know why the clerk told me that considering the fact that he was the owner's son.

There were a myriad of characters who hung outside of the rooms with loud music blaring out of their trucks, arguing, whistling, slamming doors. This went on in the early morning, in the middle of the afternoon, and late at night. Not to mention the constant traffic noise from the highway.

I awoke to some loud banging and discovered that some men were taking out all of the furniture in the neighboring rooms. I guess they decided it was time to "remodel". This constant banging and removing of furniture went on well into the late night.

The daily rate was $49 which is way too much to ask for this place. Anytime a neighboring Super 8 Motel looks cleaner and nicer is a big red flag.

Roaches were a great addition to my stay. If this sounds like a fun place for you, then by all means stay at the Days Inn Visalia.

• Stayed June 2004

Been to Motel 6 Visalia? Share your experiences!