“Not advisable for people travelling with Kids” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Visalia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4645 W. Noble Ave., Visalia, CA 93277-1539   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
LA
“Not advisable for people travelling with Kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I believe the folliwing issues are very critical to consider before you stay in this place.
Hotel employees and their friends got drunk walking with opened alchohol bottles in the premises. The excuses was they stay in one of the guest room.
The rooms we stayed in were not fire safe.
Some of the front desk attendents were not polite with guests.
We had few rooms booked. And one of them were full of bed bugs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lompoc, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed at this Days Inn on a week night in June as a stop over on our way to Sequoia National Park. We checked in around 9:30pm. The clerk was courteous and thorough. AAA discount for the room, a bargain at $62. We aren't picky, only wanting a quiet, safe place to stay overnight at a reasonable price. It was perfect and clean except for the noisy air conditioning unit. Free continental breakfast offered cereal, toast, and danishes, and coffee and juice. Check out was a breeze, and the morning clerk was also very friendly. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Country Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We seldom book ahead when travelling during the off season and always ask to view the room before accepting it, however on this occasion one of our party was ill, and we were not so thorough with our selection. Room facilities included coffee machine, fridge, microwave. Bed spread was a little tired. We had a downstairs room and found the carpet to be filthy. We usually walk around barefooted in a carpeted room, but found our feet were soon soiled. When you walked barefoot and then stepped into the shower tub dirty foot prints were left on the bathtub. At $65 inclusive of tax the room was not the cleanest and certainly not the least expensive of a three week US holiday.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
NIPOMO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

Hotel is full of ? illegal aliens/field workers. Room is disgusting filfty mess. Grease on floor/carpet/shower. Wall spackled and left unsanded and unpainted. Spoke to manager....didn't seem to care that the floor is greasy but were happy to take our money. Had to were sandals while in the room in fear of getting hepatitis from floors. Never stay at this place.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — dirty room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2005

This was a pretty awful place. The bedspread and the sheets were torn, but the worst part of all was the large number of contract workers staying there. They were not too noisy at night, but I found it impossible to eat the possibly better than average breakfast because of their appalling table manners and foul language. The stay may not have been so bad if I had taken breakfast in my room.

On the positive side, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful and it was possible to use the internet for free for 15 minutes.

It was perhaps a bit further from town than we had realised but we did find an excellent place nearby for probably the best meal I had in my 3 week vacation.

Being in a one-way system made this place very difficult to find. We could see it but it took us 3 attempts and about 15 minutes to get into the grounds.

Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2004

I had a reservation for a week's stay here. The clerk told me that my non-smoking room was on the nice and quiet side. NOT!!!

Not sure but no one could tell me why a smoking room was next door to my non-smoking room. The constant smell of cigarette smoke was in the air and in my room.

I couldn't dial out the first night and when I called the hotel clerk, he informed me that the manager wasn't around so he didn't know why my phone wasn't working. The next day, they told me it was because it wasn't turned on when I had checked in. They proceeded to say they didn't know why the clerk told me that considering the fact that he was the owner's son.

There were a myriad of characters who hung outside of the rooms with loud music blaring out of their trucks, arguing, whistling, slamming doors. This went on in the early morning, in the middle of the afternoon, and late at night. Not to mention the constant traffic noise from the highway.

I awoke to some loud banging and discovered that some men were taking out all of the furniture in the neighboring rooms. I guess they decided it was time to "remodel". This constant banging and removing of furniture went on well into the late night.

The daily rate was $49 which is way too much to ask for this place. Anytime a neighboring Super 8 Motel looks cleaner and nicer is a big red flag.

Roaches were a great addition to my stay. If this sounds like a fun place for you, then by all means stay at the Days Inn Visalia.

• Stayed June 2004
Roseville, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2004

My business associates and I made reservations months in advance at this Days Inn to attend the Ag Expo in Tulare. I made the reservations through Days Inns own web-site and kept a copy for my travel. Upon our arrival on Feb 10th 04 we're told by the manager, Jesse Carrol, that there were no rooms. I told her I had made reservations through her own web site and miraculously our reservations appeared. Now the argument ensued about my reservation price of $63.75 per room and her demanding that her rates are $125.00 per room! Again I needed to remind her of the sign behind her desk saying Days Inn and it was through her own web-site that the reservations were made. Once we established that, we were told only smoking rooms were available and they were not cleaned yet. Again I referred to our reservations with copy and confirmation number in hand saying "non-smoking rooms". This was to no avail and we had to take the smoking room or no room. We were to attend the Ag Expo and it was too late to go elsewhere. We put our luggage into the uncleaned rooms and left for the Expo. We didn't return until after dark and noticed the rooms were very dirty and foul smelling from smoke and who knows what else. I pulled the sheets back and went to bed trying to get some sleep for tomorrows business. As I turned continually during the night due to smells and traffic (next to hiway 198) the strong smell of stale urine would dominate from the back of the room. It was not until I had turned several times in the dark that I realized it was coming from the pillow sticking out the pillow case under my nose!!! This pillow was disposed of and sleep was impossible so I got up and got ready for the Expo. I went to the same manager and demanded my non-smoking room as that the room she switched us to was not fit for people to stay. She moved both our rooms to non-smoking which miraculously became available. It should be noted the excuse for some of these conditions was "we're remodeling". We moved our luggage to the closets in these unmade rooms and left for the Expo. We returned later that night and our rooms were made up. Our non-smoking room had cigarette burns in the bedspread along with a large brown stain on the underside. The room smelled better but unacceptable to any traveler staying at a name brand hotel. The next morning I went to check out and was told I would have to pay full price for the first nights stay as it was not there regular price of $125.00. Once again I had to remind her of her web prices that to this moment are still priced at the $63.75 I reserved them for. I demanded that night be removed from my bill. She called the "new owner" on the phone. Now I was told it didn't bother me enough to leave so I would have top pay full price! I told them that was rediculous thinking and those rooms weren't up to Days Inn standards. Then I was presented with a form saying they would take $19.12 from my bill if accepted no further discounts. I refused to sign this form and had the bill removed from my credit card and paid in cash. I didn't want this Days Inn to have any billing permission on my credit card as their business ethics are highly questionable.Bottom line here is if you want to be subject to bait and switch tactics along with filthy conditions this is your place to stay!R. Stenzel

Been to Motel 6 Visalia? Share your experiences!