“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4645 W. Noble Ave., Visalia, CA 93277-1539   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Visalia
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely a basic room, but it was clean and comfy for the price. I was excited to see the rooms had hardwood floors; no mystery stains or trapped odors to deal with. But after listening to the people upstairs walking around all night, I was wishing for carpeting. If you go, stay in an upstairs room. Lots of truck parking and a clean, nice sized outdoor pool. All in all, a good value.

• Stayed August 2013

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port Orchard, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

stayed there room 118 july 28 2013 the ac does not work,bathroom has ants, holes in wall,stained torn bed sheets,beds with springs coming out,pee smell coming from ac,mice in walls,the tv was from 1982,turn off the lights and roaches started coming out of holes in bathroom walls leave bathroom fan on if you dont all the hot air and bathroom smell will go in your room this is the worst place i have ever stayed and i was born in visalia and lived there for thirty years they should tear this place down

Room Tip: dont stay here you will regret it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Visalia, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear 117315 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the bedding conditions, maintenance, comfort and pest issues you encountered during your stay; these conditions are certainly not consistent with our quality standards at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is a Motel 6, so really you can't expect that much. It's a basic room. Actually, for a Motel 6, this place was pretty nice by "1 star standards". I was expecting a dump and I was surprised to see the nicest Motel 6 I've ever stayed in. And oh boy have I been in some gross Motel 6's! It was clean and my room was pretty spacious, with a walk in closet. The first room they tried to give me was just in front of the stairs, as a professional travel I know this to be the loudest and busiest area so I requested a different room. Angela, the women at the front desk was accommodating and changed my room to a quite corner room. She was very nice. The lady in the morning was very friendly as well. I was so happy with my room I actually stayed a second night. I think maybe the other negative reviewers have never stayed in a Motel 6 before or they would see this is actually one of the nicer ones. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay here if you want to save a buck and don't need anything fancy. Its a nicer Motel 6, and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Why do motels insist on putting mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms? Don't they know that these "amenities" infuse the rooms with noxious odors and guarantee insect infestations?

Evidently, the answer to both of these questions is no, because the mini-fridge and microwave came complete with my room at the Motel 6 in Visalia The room was also filled with the godless stench and ant infestation which always seem to accompany these devices.

I don't expect the Ritz-Carlton when I check into a Motel 6. However, I do expect a basic level of sanitation. Not only was my room infested with ants, the carpet was also disgusting. In fact, I was so disturbed by the carpet that I refused to walk on it in my bare feet. You known you've reached a low point in motel stays when you have to pad around the room in sandals just to feel semi-clean.

To be honest, just thinking about my room at Visalia's Motel 6 makes me want to wretch.

On the plus side, the free WiFi speed was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Originally this motel was a member of a different chain ( I think Days Inn )and it still bears the characteristics of a higher level brand. I spent two non consecutive nights and despite there was a certain difference from the quality of the first room and the second one I feel I can say that staying at the Motel 6 Visalia has been a great deal. If my second night had been in a room similar to that of the first night I wouldn't hesitate and rate my overall experience as "excellent". If it were not for the signs you wouldn't realize it's a Motel 6. Entering my room at the second floor I was amazed by its size and by a definitely nicer fortinure than the one typical of Motel 6. Unlike the usual brand policies microwave, fridge and wi fi connection were included in the basic rate. That was another pleasant surprise. For my second night I was given a ground floor room. It was still clean and included microwave and fridge but it was a little smaller and the forniture showed some sign of wears. In any case it was still very good consedering it was a budget accomodation. Guests can enjoy some hot coffee every morning in the lobby. Would I stay here again? Yes without any doubt. Can I recommend this Motel 6? Doubtless I would.

Room Tip: My room located at the second floor was better but maybe it was just a chance
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Apple Valley, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early in the day looked like a very nice place, huge grass area, huge parking lot, truck parking. We got a pet room because we have a dog, about 15 minutes after setting her dry dog food down there were ants all over it. Called the front office the maintenance guy left for the day so apparently nobody else knows where the ant spray is. I wiped them all up with wet toilet paper which seem to work but there was a few stragglers by morning. They offered to give us a room with smaller beds but we were already settled in. The front desk staff was fine.There's a bunch of nasty looking people staying and hanging out here at night. Decent location next to the freeway, couple of restaurants within a block or two the area is nice but I wouldn't suggest being out at night. the maid woke us up at 8:30 in the morning which made us mad but there's no do not disturb hangers anywhere in the room. I don't think we'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Victorville, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

nice fast internet carpet needs to be cleaned. great parking area especially for trucks. close to shopping and restaurants also freeway close. the rooms are nice size. this staff very excellent make you feel at home. housekeeping cleans room everyday. I was there for my job so having a fast internet very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Motel 6 Visalia? Share your experiences!