“Vomit Inducing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Los Angeles, California
“Vomit Inducing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Why do motels insist on putting mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms? Don't they know that these "amenities" infuse the rooms with noxious odors and guarantee insect infestations?

Evidently, the answer to both of these questions is no, because the mini-fridge and microwave came complete with my room at the Motel 6 in Visalia The room was also filled with the godless stench and ant infestation which always seem to accompany these devices.

I don't expect the Ritz-Carlton when I check into a Motel 6. However, I do expect a basic level of sanitation. Not only was my room infested with ants, the carpet was also disgusting. In fact, I was so disturbed by the carpet that I refused to walk on it in my bare feet. You known you've reached a low point in motel stays when you have to pad around the room in sandals just to feel semi-clean.

To be honest, just thinking about my room at Visalia's Motel 6 makes me want to wretch.

On the plus side, the free WiFi speed was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Originally this motel was a member of a different chain ( I think Days Inn )and it still bears the characteristics of a higher level brand. I spent two non consecutive nights and despite there was a certain difference from the quality of the first room and the second one I feel I can say that staying at the Motel 6 Visalia has been a great deal. If my second night had been in a room similar to that of the first night I wouldn't hesitate and rate my overall experience as "excellent". If it were not for the signs you wouldn't realize it's a Motel 6. Entering my room at the second floor I was amazed by its size and by a definitely nicer fortinure than the one typical of Motel 6. Unlike the usual brand policies microwave, fridge and wi fi connection were included in the basic rate. That was another pleasant surprise. For my second night I was given a ground floor room. It was still clean and included microwave and fridge but it was a little smaller and the forniture showed some sign of wears. In any case it was still very good consedering it was a budget accomodation. Guests can enjoy some hot coffee every morning in the lobby. Would I stay here again? Yes without any doubt. Can I recommend this Motel 6? Doubtless I would.

Room Tip: My room located at the second floor was better but maybe it was just a chance
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Apple Valley, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early in the day looked like a very nice place, huge grass area, huge parking lot, truck parking. We got a pet room because we have a dog, about 15 minutes after setting her dry dog food down there were ants all over it. Called the front office the maintenance guy left for the day so apparently nobody else knows where the ant spray is. I wiped them all up with wet toilet paper which seem to work but there was a few stragglers by morning. They offered to give us a room with smaller beds but we were already settled in. The front desk staff was fine.There's a bunch of nasty looking people staying and hanging out here at night. Decent location next to the freeway, couple of restaurants within a block or two the area is nice but I wouldn't suggest being out at night. the maid woke us up at 8:30 in the morning which made us mad but there's no do not disturb hangers anywhere in the room. I don't think we'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Victorville, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

nice fast internet carpet needs to be cleaned. great parking area especially for trucks. close to shopping and restaurants also freeway close. the rooms are nice size. this staff very excellent make you feel at home. housekeeping cleans room everyday. I was there for my job so having a fast internet very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Jonesboro, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in September while visiting Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. The motel was a little hard to find due to being on a one way street. The rooms were small but clean. The first night there were several people hanging out by their rooms making a lot of noise. We mentioned it to the front desk (Angela) and she said she would take care of it. Not long after we did not hear them anymore and had no problem the next night. Angela was also very helpful and efficient with our check-in and check-out. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Central, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our impression was crack head city!!! I will never stay there again, not even for a place just to sleep for the night. room was very tiny, no extra electrical outlets, outlets used by what was provided in room, had to ask for extension cord to accomendate our needs. No hair dryer in room, no luggage rack (no where to put suitcases since room was so small), no shampoo, conditioner offered in room,shower/tub had been modified, it was raised up, so you felt like your head was going to touch the ceiling and it felt like you were going to fall through the bottom of the tub every time you moved, it creeked and made noise everytime i moved. No coffee in room, had to go to lobby. Most of the guest were obviously local residents who life styles were not what you would expect to be around. My cousin and her 2 kids came over to visit us and go swimming, we were told we couldn''t have guest swim with us..we were the only ones at the pool, the kids were well behaved, I've never been to a motel where I couldn't have guest swim. i would sllep in my car before I would ever stay here again! When checking out they asked how my stay was, I said I would never return, they didn't even bother to ask why or what would have made my stay better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We arrived in town to find all the hotels booked up. This Motel 6 had one handicap room left which they let us have. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel was easy to access off of the main highway. It has a pool and free breakfast but we didn't take advantage of either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Visalia? Share your experiences!