“This place should be shut down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   623 West Main Street, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Weimar, CA
“This place should be shut down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had to give it one star because they offer scores lower then that. It was the worst and sleaziest hotel I have ever stayed at. If the health department or OSHA visited this hotel it would be shut down. Electrical outlets unsafe, beds and sheets were nasty, only two towels and one hand towel, no face cloths and they had nasty looking stains in them. The walls were through out the hole room were disgusting, they were black in areas and had food / soda stains and other things on them I could not even describe. The bathroom floor tile moved when you walked in it making feel like I was going to fall through the floor. There advertised breakfast was from 730 am to 830 am , one hour and was coffee and some type of banish. I was afraid to even try either one because of everything else I had seen and experienced there. When I turned in my key the person behind the desk gave a smile and a thumbs up. I just shock my head and walked out. I have worked and managed hotels for 17 years and this was just the worst I have ever seen.

Stayed October 2013

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Near downtown Visalia being its only plus point, this hotel is basic in the extreme. Cost $60 for the room and breakfast which consisted of a wrapped sugary bun, orange squash and coffee with sprinkled milk powder.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Okay, I'll start with the good things: the woman who checked us in was kind and helpful; the bed was clean and comfortable; the motel is located in a decent part of town. Now on to the disadvantages...unfortunately the bathroom was gross. The floor tiles shifted under your feet as you walked across them. The sink counter had multiple stains of various colors on it. The ceiling had multiple cracks running across it. The worst, however, was the shower. The grout was crumbling and dirty looking and its floor looked grungy. My daughter refused to take a shower even though we'd been hiking earlier that day at Pinnacle National Park. I'm really not that picky, but if a bathroom is in such bad repair that it's hard to tell if it's clean or not, it's time to redo it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was of a very bad quality compared to other $50/night motels.

The room was significantly dirty, the "non-smoking" room smelled like cigarette smoke and there was a cigarette burn in the sheets, there were a few large cockroaches, the pillows were very lumpy, there were no hand towels or wash cloths at first (housekeeping did bring them on a later day of my stay), the bathroom had black mold, the maintenance was very poor with several appliances being broken, the lights by the bed didn't work, the only light in the room was motion-activated so it kept turning off while I was trying to work, and the wifi kept turning on and off.

In addition, a staff member tried to barge into my room without knocking or announcing himself/herself, and only the latch on the door stopped them. I wasn't even dressed at the time, and when I got dressed and came out, they were gone, without any apology or explanation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Temecula, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

worst hotel every stayed in very dirty no hot water bad so called breakfest had my labtop in my room came back someone played with it next day took out the battery left on table came back battery was in lab top and had a virus on it went to the front office told them they said maybe one of the maids did it that all they said did not care bed saged in the middle wood floors very sticky would never stay their rather sleep in the car

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Asheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was by far the worst America's Best Value Inn we have ever stayed in. The floor in the first room was so weak in places we were afraid we would fall through. The final straw was the toliet seat sliding off the commode. This room was supposedly recently remodeled. No carpet but this may have been a blessing since it would probably have been dirty and worn. The second room was some better but the furniture was well worn. The property was strewn with litter and old mattresses and box springs were sitting along the walls of the parking area. The pool was too dirty to enter. The internet access was so difficult I had to take my laptop to the office to keep a signal. I can't believe the sign for America's Best Value Inn is still on the property.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently had the worst stay at the Visalia location. We were arriving late and I called the Inn ahead of time to let them know we would be a late check in. During the phone call the phone attendant hung up on be before I could give her my name. Upon arrival I had to check in through a glass window where she barely said anything to me other than hand me my room key & wireless password. We went up to our room and when we got in there it was over 80 degrees and we had a Queen bed and not a King that we booked. We went back down to the window to find NO attendant, so we were unable to get any help. We had to move our bed across the room next to the wall a/c in order for the temperature to be tolerable. Our television did not work and the cable was running across the outside of the wall. The lights were on motion sensors and went off about every 45 minutes throughout the night and made it extremely uncomfortable to try and sleep when we had to get up and turn them off over and over again. To top it off their "breakfast" that should not even be allowed to be advertised as breakfast was fake orange juice (tang), horrible coffee and pastries that you would find at the gas station. I would NEVER recommend this location to any person without this hotel going through a major overhaul in appearance, quality and customer service. Also, if you are a female I do not recommend staying here alone. I did not feel safe and I was with my spouse,

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia? Share your experiences!