“Worst motel experience ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   623 West Main Street, Visalia, CA 93291 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Frisco, Texas
“Worst motel experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place was of a very bad quality compared to other $50/night motels.

The room was significantly dirty, the "non-smoking" room smelled like cigarette smoke and there was a cigarette burn in the sheets, there were a few large cockroaches, the pillows were very lumpy, there were no hand towels or wash cloths at first (housekeeping did bring them on a later day of my stay), the bathroom had black mold, the maintenance was very poor with several appliances being broken, the lights by the bed didn't work, the only light in the room was motion-activated so it kept turning off while I was trying to work, and the wifi kept turning on and off.

In addition, a staff member tried to barge into my room without knocking or announcing himself/herself, and only the latch on the door stopped them. I wasn't even dressed at the time, and when I got dressed and came out, they were gone, without any apology or explanation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Temecula, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

worst hotel every stayed in very dirty no hot water bad so called breakfest had my labtop in my room came back someone played with it next day took out the battery left on table came back battery was in lab top and had a virus on it went to the front office told them they said maybe one of the maids did it that all they said did not care bed saged in the middle wood floors very sticky would never stay their rather sleep in the car

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Asheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was by far the worst America's Best Value Inn we have ever stayed in. The floor in the first room was so weak in places we were afraid we would fall through. The final straw was the toliet seat sliding off the commode. This room was supposedly recently remodeled. No carpet but this may have been a blessing since it would probably have been dirty and worn. The second room was some better but the furniture was well worn. The property was strewn with litter and old mattresses and box springs were sitting along the walls of the parking area. The pool was too dirty to enter. The internet access was so difficult I had to take my laptop to the office to keep a signal. I can't believe the sign for America's Best Value Inn is still on the property.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently had the worst stay at the Visalia location. We were arriving late and I called the Inn ahead of time to let them know we would be a late check in. During the phone call the phone attendant hung up on be before I could give her my name. Upon arrival I had to check in through a glass window where she barely said anything to me other than hand me my room key & wireless password. We went up to our room and when we got in there it was over 80 degrees and we had a Queen bed and not a King that we booked. We went back down to the window to find NO attendant, so we were unable to get any help. We had to move our bed across the room next to the wall a/c in order for the temperature to be tolerable. Our television did not work and the cable was running across the outside of the wall. The lights were on motion sensors and went off about every 45 minutes throughout the night and made it extremely uncomfortable to try and sleep when we had to get up and turn them off over and over again. To top it off their "breakfast" that should not even be allowed to be advertised as breakfast was fake orange juice (tang), horrible coffee and pastries that you would find at the gas station. I would NEVER recommend this location to any person without this hotel going through a major overhaul in appearance, quality and customer service. Also, if you are a female I do not recommend staying here alone. I did not feel safe and I was with my spouse,

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We picked this hotel because we have stayed at Americas Best Value Inns in other cities and found them to be clean and comfortable. This is a beat up old hotel with a coat of paint slapped on. The "king-sized bed" was definitely undersized. It is in a run-down part of town. Check-in after hours is through a slot. No lobby entrance is allowed. My wife and daughter stayed here. The safety latch was broken off the door. They resorted to a chair under the door knob to ward off possible intruders. There is no carpet on the floors. When they arrived the room was hot from the 100 degree plus weather. It took a long time to cool it down. If the WiFi existed, there were no directions as to how to access it. The "complimentary breakfast" if it existed, was said to be coffee and Danish by other guests. The lobby was not open when they went to eat the "complimentary breakfast". They talked to an older couple who paid twice as much for the room as they did. They were trying to find breakfast also. Another guest told them that their shower was so dirty, they did not use it. The hotel should be rated ¼ stars. My wife and daughter left as quickly as possible the next morning. Not a chance we will use this hotel again. Find somewhere else to stay!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lyon, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Cheap an quite good location to visit Sequoia National Pak, but not clean . Smell outside, rooms not clean, hairs found in bathroom and in beds
The night was awful thanks to the air conditionning noise
While breakfast is included, we preferred to escape as soon as possible ant take it elsewhere

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

i been to this hotel a few time when it was Rodeway Inn...and it wasnt bad at all...price was good,rooms clean,comfortable and cozy.I was here again under new management and new name.When i first checked it out online( TripAdvisor),i was wondering why the management kept sending apology emails after some reviews...but since i been here before,i didn't pay it no mind.When i went to check in,the lady was very kind and pleasant and got my room quickly. Now i have stayed at this chain before in different cities.These rooms don't look nothing like the ones that i expected...i knew the size of the room would be much smaller than the ones that you typically find in this chain...no problem.the look of it lost the comfortable and cozy appeal that you or i got when it was the Rodeway Inn...now having hard wood floors and doesn't have the warmth that you would typically feel....which was a shock.the price was higher than i expected also from a little over 50 USD to now a little over 70 USD....

Overall i think the rooms should have stayed the same and the price isn't bad but i personally don't feel it is worth the amount that this hotel NOW charges. So now my review sadly enough has dropped and i think that i will be looking for other hotels to stay,when i am in Visalia.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia? Share your experiences!