“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kerman, California
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Wow, what a great hotel! My husband and I stayed at this hotel after attending a friends wedding, which was held in one of the banquet rooms. We had such a great time. The rooms were reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. I was very surprised at how large and beautiful this hotel was. With two pools, (indoor and outdoor), several banquet rooms, a restaurant and bar, this hotel is defiantly a place where I would have my wedding reception if I lived in the area. It is conveniently located off the 99 & 198 freeways, for travelers attending from nearby cities, and only minutes away from other amenities.

The meal that was served at the reception was great tasting, well presented and classy. The banquet employees were all very nice and paid great attention to detail.

After the reception we all went over to the bar for the “after party” and had a great time, dancing and mingling. The service at the bar was quick, friendly and averaged priced.

Overall our stay at this hotel was excellent! I would defiantly recommend the Holiday Inn in Visalia to anyone looking for a reception facility in the Visalia/Tulare area!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Was booked to stay here for 2 nights, and quickly canceled my second night after the first few hours in my room. Place smells like feet. Vending machine on 4th floor ate $.55, and when I told the front desk, they a) couldn't refund my money because the vending is outsourced and b) upon suggesting they put up an "out of order" sign, responded with "yeah, we've heard there have been problems, and we keep telling maintenance, but..." Also, my room was about 55 degrees. I cranked the heat and nothing happened. I called the front desk to switch rooms, and they told me they'd send maintenance up first to check i t out. When I asked if I could just switch to a room with working heat, I was told "well, the heat is kind of bad in all the rooms, so sometimes it just takes some tweaking." Awesome. It's been 15 minutes, and I'm still waiting for maintenance to show up. Maybe they're hanging an "out of order" sign on the vending machine first.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I previously stayed at the Holiday Inn in Visalia, Ca in September of 2010 and I was so impressed by the experience I had to return. A fellow traveler enlightened me about writing a review, so here it is...

HOLIDAY INN AND CONVENTION CENTER, Visalia, CA

The experience begins with the easy freeway access to the hotel, and the ample parking. The large, beautiful lobby is easily accessed through two large automatic doors that lead you right to the friendly people at the Front Office (check-in counter).

In addition, unforeseen forces in both stays forced me to change my schedule, and in both cases the personnel in the Front Office were very accommodating to me.

I found the Holiday Inn to be always clean and the employees were always helpful and friendly. In fact, I believe these are the cleanest rooms and the most comfortable beds I have ever enjoyed in my many years of travel, and the housekeepers would always greet me, or, wave from a distance!

I also had the pleasure of having my meals at both the Cafe California and at Mahogany's and I am happy to say that here again; the employees and the food were excellent! In addition, the plush furniture and the decor, that includes a wide screen T.V. and a beautiful Pool table in Mahogany's make one feel very, very comfortable. In addition, Mahogany's has a D.J. to entertain you on weekends.

Although I have not had the time to take a swim or relax in the beautiful and inviting indoor pool and spa (the outdoor pool was closed for the season), I certainly look forward to doing so on future stays here...

Another plus regarding this Holiday Inn, Visalia is that there is a beautiful park and a lake just across the street that makes for a perfect place to have an outdoor business conference or a family reunion!

Lastly, as I stated earlier, I have many years of travel experience and in my opinion; this is the best value for your money

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I have only eaten meals at this hotel, but we use the guest rooms for other members of the family when we have family gatherings in town. The report from family members is that they always feel welcome and comfortable and that the service is gracious and accommodating. The rooms are pleasant. Meals are well prepared and tasty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
San Clemente, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed on the way back from Yosemite. Room and bed looked old and smelled old. Half the TV channels were fuzzy or didn't come in, let alone the TV was about 20 years old. I have stayed at holiday inn expresses that were 100 times better than this. Loud obnoxious people in the pool after midnight aren't exactly desired either. A new logo and a new ad campaign can't change the fact that most of these properties are old and worn out and look like 70's throw backs with beds to match

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ossining, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Service was terrific! We were upgraded to a suite and really enjoyed the evening there. We took a quick swim and enjoyed the hot tub, before going to the inhouse California Grill , which made some sandwiches for us to enjoy in the room. It was late and we happily fell off to sleep. Breakfast wasn't fully free, but it was the only negative. Well kept hotel. And of the 5 or 6 Holiday Inns we've stayed in so far, the nicest!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thraps
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights and couldn`t really fault anything to be honest.
Clean double queen bed room and about 45 mins from the National Park.
Excellent value for money and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!