“The Holiday Inn was a fantastic place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
santa barbara
“The Holiday Inn was a fantastic place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for a weekend getaway. The hotel, the staff and the location were all wonderful. The employees worked as a team and made our stay a great experience!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here on our way to San Francisco. Never been in Visalia before--nor at this hotel, but they had rooms and the rate wasn't bad, so we decided to splurge. The lobby is really awesome. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Restaurant was just fine and we didn't realize how close the place is to Sequoia. We had a great time--We will be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakeside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

My buddies and I had it all planned out: hiking trip to Yosemite, some beer drinking, some reliving of our old high school glory days. All the attention, all the hype, all of planning was on Yosemite...and what would occur when we were there. Was that a good trip? Yes! The real surprise, however, was the unexpected side trip to stop off in Visalia on the way back and see the Sequoia National Park. First off: the town of Visalia is pretty damn cool. Some sort of Historic downtown district; and we found some pretty good bars and restaurants. For us, my friend has the Holiday Inn loyalty card so we stayed there. My impression was a simple one: wow! From the lobby, to the two pools, to our room: it all exceeded any expectations I have ever had of a Holiday Inn. Not sure if all Holiday Inn properties are like this--but if they are, count me in. Another cool thing that I liked about this hotel was the golf course next door. We didn't bring our clubs this time...but it looked like a pretty good course for an early morning outing and then hiking the rest of the day. If you want something a little different, and like the outdoors, then Visalia is cool town to stay in. And not to knock Yosemite--and I won't--but Sequoia National Park is just as breathtaking and rewarding.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

As frequent travelers, my wife and I have rarely been so impressed by a "chain" hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive, the rooms were BEAUTIFUL and our stay was too short. Though we were just passing through, we will be making this hotel and Visalia, CA a destination in the very near future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010 via mobile

First thought was simple: why am I staying in Visalia?
Then i reminded myself: my brother was getting married out here.

The things we do for our family!

So yes: I went up here already in a bad mood. Long drive. Low expectations. And feeling like there would be nothing to do after the wedding.

And what a suprise!

First off: this Holiday Inn was awesome! I normally stay at the Hyatt and Marriott when traveling--and have been severely let down when choosing a Best Western or Holiday Inn. (They just don't imbue you with a sense of class--or getting away to something better)

This hotel, however, is really, really nice--and they even have Two pools. One outside and one inside. My kids loved that--as did the wife.

What got me was how nice the whole hotel was: lobby, lounge, rest, and the rooms. Is is like my Hyatt Resort in Indian Wells? No.

But...it is awfully close.

The other surprise? Just how close this was to the Sequoia National Forest. We got perfect directions from the desk manager, and very friendly guy, and had a great outing.

And my brothers wedding went off without a hitch.

Next time here I will explore the downtown area--as ilooks pretty quaint and charming. As for the Holiday Inn: we will most assuredly be staying here.

• Stayed April 2010
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I would like to review this Hotel, Is a great Hotel but not all Hotel is perfect.
Be aware to check you keys not even at the pocket or close to celular... (Funny how 5 costumers at the same time the key stop working, LOL) Also you might want to check what time in the Season you go, Springs the pool are close, But in this hotel have an Indoor pool with a Jacuzzi which is awesome!!!
Also, the Gym is alright not everything works but if you call front desk seems they hung up on you at the gym's phone, I called again saying "you did hang up on me" the answer was "SORRY...." Nice isn't ?
If you need to use the Business Center be aware to bring or buy you own printer, this hotel does not have a printer?!?! Come on... you can get Printers those days for $30!!!
And the last one, High Speed internet??? Yeah RIGHT.... Bring your 4G/3G Card with you, the connection lags all my stay (9 Nights)
Well, I can tell I still recommend this hotel, but be aware of those feed backs or call them up before you book it.

Regards,
Leo

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Itzig
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We got what used to be a smoking room so it was a bit smelly and the window were fairly dirty, other than that the room was clean. The receptionist lady was not that friendly so we didn't really dare to complain about the smell. You will get a discount voucher for the breakfast which gives you a good deal for the breakfast in the hotel. I'm not really sure why they don't just include it in the room and put the price up a bit. It is a good gateway fro Sequoia but there is not much else in the area.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!