My buddies and I had it all planned out: hiking trip to Yosemite, some beer drinking, some reliving of our old high school glory days. All the attention, all the hype, all of planning was on Yosemite...and what would occur when we were there. Was that a good trip? Yes! The real surprise, however, was the unexpected side trip to stop off in Visalia on the way back and see the Sequoia National Park. First off: the town of Visalia is pretty damn cool. Some sort of Historic downtown district; and we found some pretty good bars and restaurants. For us, my friend has the Holiday Inn loyalty card so we stayed there. My impression was a simple one: wow! From the lobby, to the two pools, to our room: it all exceeded any expectations I have ever had of a Holiday Inn. Not sure if all Holiday Inn properties are like this--but if they are, count me in. Another cool thing that I liked about this hotel was the golf course next door. We didn't bring our clubs this time...but it looked like a pretty good course for an early morning outing and then hiking the rest of the day. If you want something a little different, and like the outdoors, then Visalia is cool town to stay in. And not to knock Yosemite--and I won't--but Sequoia National Park is just as breathtaking and rewarding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Visalia Holiday Inn is San Joaquin Valley's largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with a fishing pond and wild ducks, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, and walking and jogging paths.Experience the Downtown Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children's Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in our onsite restaurant, Cafe California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in our onsite Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary shuttle from/to Visalia Municipal Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Visalia Holiday Inn