This hotel has a nice presentation to the arriving guest...huge fireplace with a seating area in front, check-in counter immediately to the right, open lobby. There is a restaurant and bar on the premises. The restaurant, Cafe California, is only open during specific hours for breakfast (6:30am), lunch, and dinner (6pm), so don't expect all day service. However, the food is very good and presentation is beautiful!. The bar, Mahogany's, opens before the restaurant and serves a full menu for dinner. Appetizers are 1/2 price up to 6:30pm and are generous enough to be considered a full meal.
The room we were assigned was supposedly an upgraded room. It was a suite...the living room and bedrooms were two separate areas with a TV in each. Clean but small. The house keeper did not clean up the used glasses after the first night, and didn't empty the ice bucket. We left it alone to see if it would be emptied and if we would be given a clean liner, however the next day it was not touched then either. Oh well.
The worst part, though, was the wireless access. It sucked majorly! Our colleague said she took a shower while she waited to connect! When she called down to the lobby she was told the problem was due to the weather...it was raining. The next day access was better but on the third night it was excruciatingly slow.
If you have your own wireless access, then this is a good hotel. However, if you are relying on the hotel's wireless access to get any work done, then forget it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Visalia Holiday Inn is San Joaquin Valley s largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with the PGA-rated, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, a fishing pond with wild ducks, and walking and jogging paths.Experience the Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, our quaint and charming downtown with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children s Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in CafÃ© California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary airport shuttle from Visalia Municipal Airport with scheduled air service from Great Lakes Airlines (code share United + Frontier) between LA/Ontario Intl Airport + hubs in DEN, PHX, ABQ, MCI, MKE and STL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Visalia Holiday Inn