“good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Somis, California
“good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

stayed here for business was a great place inside pool and good happy hour deals we didnt have to buy dinner after happy hour. rooms were clean they were doing some remodeling but it didn't take away from the experience

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

..... When you book with holiday Inn and this place is no different. Friendly staff, good sized and clean rooms, along with a convenient location. One gripe; I wasn't able to check in without leaving my credit card on file (I hate this) being told "it's in case of incidentals"
Me - "but I won't be charging incidentals"
Desk - "we still need a card"
Me - "why?"
Desk - "in case you want to charge something to your room"
Me - "but it's already 11pm and I won't"
Desk - "we still need a card"
Me - " how can that be if it's only for room charges
Desk - "I don't know"

It was a late check in and I was tired so fave up at this point.

Stayed July 2014
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My company set up a long term guest at this hotel that had a dog. They worked with our company and negotiated a fantastic deal to allow my clients pet to stay. They are fantastic to work with. Peter, Vanessa and Brian is whom I have spoken with and have been great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

When we checked in we didn't ask about breakfast. After a comfortable nights sleep we headed to the restaurant and noticed they were breaking down a breakfast bar. The server confirmed there is breakfast included with some guest rates. I went to the front desk to inquire and was told our rate included breakfast. The front desk clerk asked the general manger and he came out and apologized for the over site. He graciously comped our delicious breakfast! Thank you for making our overnight stay so nice. Also, we ate in the sports bar for dinner and Phyllis was a great server and the food was really good. Overall, great stay and Sequoia National Park is close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is only my second poor rating and the last was also a holiday inn (fresno). Customer service is everything and the folks here don't get it. I asked about a luggage trailer and was told "they could be anywhere." When I forgot what the wifi password was, I called down and was told "it's on your envelope, it's cotton", like I had offended her in some way. I had a long drive and tried to rest but heard the housekeeping staff literally yelling at each other down the hall at each other having a conversation for several minutes. Granted you can hear everything in this hotel from the toilet next door, running water, ice machine (3 times after 9pm) and do not get a room that has a window into the atrium (I was in rm. 216) because you can hear every word. The fitness center is a joke, size of a closet with outdated equipment that looks like a legal liability. I also forgot to mention that when I returned to my room, I was given a card key three times, went up and back down the elevator and spoke to the same woman until I finally said, please send someone with a master key up there to let me in. I am so surprised at the other recent reviews as it did not begin to describe my experience. There were two pluses, they have a business center and a very good restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear FamilyontheMove_12,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this particular day. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn many times and their service is second to none. They go out of their way to make every request an easy task and make you feel very important.

This location is highly recommended for the Visalia Area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

No problems at this hotel room good with comfortable king size bed. Pool area clean and inviting. Staff were pleasant and helpful.
We visited sequoia national park from here. Road side fruit stalls on way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!