I am going to recommend this hotel, even though there were some drawbacks. Obviously, the most important deterrent that I will mention were the multiple pillowcases which were dirty. I will elaborate. We stayed in a king suite with a double queen room adjoining it, and when I placed the pillow on the pull-out sofa bed, I noticed that it did not smell fresh. I decided to inspect some of the other pillows. One had two brown hairs. Another smelled of conditioner (it smelled nice, but clearly used). Another smelled really awful, like an unwashed head. I sniffed and examined perhaps five pillows before I decided to assume that none of them were clean, and I went down to the front desk to request new pillowcases. I was given four, one for each member of my family, and they all were obviously freshly laundered. The next morning, I asked the room attendant for additional pillowcases, mainly because I wanted to tidy up the room a bit (I had placed the extra pillows with the dirty cases on the floor, and it had become cluttered).
This hotel does have some redeeming features: two clean swimming pools which are modest in size, but nice, free wifi, and a restaurant on the first floor with a chef who can cook. I was impressed with the restaurant, Cafe California - we ate there four or five times. The hotel is in good condition. I will now address some of the aspects which need to be improved.
The laundry room has a dispenser for laundry soap, which was partially out of order. I informed the front desk of this, and they provided me with detergent. While sitting in the laundry center, reading and waiting for my clothes to finish, a housekeeper popped in and taped an "Out of Order" sign to the coin vending dispenser, but she did not attempt to fix it or even find out what was wrong with it. I took out my pen and added that it did work for the fabric softener, but not for the laundry detergent, and also wrote that the front desk has extra detergent; this was for the benefit of other travelers. Two days later, I needed to wash more laundry, and discovered that the sign was gone. I assumed that this meant that it had been serviced, and put in more quarters, which disappeared without the familiar "clunk" of a diminutive box of soap dropping into the trough. So, it still hadn't been repaired. To the hotel: it would be a good idea to fix this promptly.
You will probably be able to hear every person in your hallway shut their door, because the latch is designed for maximum volume. This is standard stuff for a Holiday Inn and others like it. The designers of low to mid-level hotels haven't yet realized that quiet doorknobs do actually exist.
Regarding noise, the air vent, or perhaps something in the duct, seemed to emit a strange clicking noise sporadically, and it was quite noticeable at night. This was rather annoying, but also to be expected with a Holiday Inn. I just amused myself by imagining an entirely different hotel hallway, Lilliputian in size, inside the air duct, and these clicks were the sound of the very small travelers closing their own doorways to rooms the size of matchboxes.
If you have actually read this far, I am astounded. Cheerio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Visalia Holiday Inn is San Joaquin Valley s largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with the PGA-rated, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, a fishing pond with wild ducks, and walking and jogging paths.Experience the Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, our quaint and charming downtown with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children s Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in CafÃ© California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary airport shuttle from Visalia Municipal Airport with scheduled air service from Great Lakes Airlines (code share United + Frontier) between LA/Ontario Intl Airport + hubs in DEN, PHX, ABQ, MCI, MKE and STL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Visalia Holiday Inn