We recently spent 3 nights at the Holiday Inn in Visalia while we visited Sequoia National Park. This property is nothing exceptional, but is adequate. Most of the staff (front desk and restaurant) are not very attentive and give the impression that they would enjoy their jobs a lot more if it weren’t for the customers. The lobby and public areas were well done, but the rooms were typical Holiday Inn – nothing special, a little dated, but functional. They did have free wireless internet that worked well.
The hotel is on the west side of Visalia right off of CA 198. There isn’t much in the area except for a nice park and golf course across the street. We were given an end room that got the benefit of the highway and pool noise, but we learned to put up with it. If you can get a room that faces the park across the street it might be quieter. We mostly ate at the on-site restaurant which was reasonably priced, food was adequate and service was poor; pretty typical for a Holiday Inn restaurant.
There is quite a bit to do in the area for a few days. There is a shuttle that picks you up at the Holiday Inn and for $15 (round trip) will take you to the Giant Forest Museum in Sequoia (about 2 hours) and then you can hike or take the free park shuttle. This is very convenient if you don’t want to drive to or in the park. Also there is a nice mall in Visalia just south of CA 198 on CA 63. There is also an outlet mall at Tulare about 10 miles away, so you can spend a day shopping if you want.
The Visalia Holiday Inn is a convenient place to stay and is priced about right, but don’t expect much more than a place to call home base and you won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Visalia Holiday Inn is San Joaquin Valley s largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with the PGA-rated, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, a fishing pond with wild ducks, and walking and jogging paths.Experience the Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, our quaint and charming downtown with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children s Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in CafÃ© California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary airport shuttle from Visalia Municipal Airport with scheduled air service from Great Lakes Airlines (code share United + Frontier) between LA/Ontario Intl Airport + hubs in DEN, PHX, ABQ, MCI, MKE and STL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Visalia Holiday Inn