“This is excellent for what you are paying” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Visalia
Los Angeles, California
“This is excellent for what you are paying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We got a great deal on this hotel for a night stay. It has two pools, one on the inside right near the counter (you have to walk around the corner) and another outside. It's quite but it also has a bar near the lobby and restaurant to keep you entertained. The center of town isn't that far away, and I found the staff to very helpful and accommodating. We used price line to book the hotel and price line did not mention whether it was a room for 1 person, 2 person, etc... We were traveling with three people and need at least two beds. They didn't have 2 queens, but they found us a room with one king and a pullout, which was nice of them because priceline didn't give us any guarantees on what the room would hold.

Room Tip: This is a 3 and half star hotel, and probably the only one in Visalia. I went on priceline to book...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and modern hotel. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are modern and efficient.

Clientele s professional, it being a conference center too. Families too. Park right opposite hotel.

Kid-friendly! Breakfast buffet included for two by paying $5 extra per room, which would have cost $10.50 each otherwise. Kids always eat free! Breakfast is good - lots of choices of hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, biscuits & gravy), fresh fruit, fresh juice, cereal, oatmeal etc.

Two pools - indoors and outdoors. Indoor one also has jacuzzi. Both pools are very clean.

Other perk : it's a listed stop for the Sequoia Shuttle (if you'd rather not drive to the National Park yourself ). About 40 miles to the park entrance.

One restaurant in the hotel. Other restaurants are a couple of miles away.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Easy access off of CA99, great parking, gorgeous lobby, fitness center, pool, and conference rooms. Two restaurants and a lounge on property. Good sized room, comfortable bed, 42 inch flat screen, great shower. All one could ask for in a hotel stay and free breakfast included at $104 for a King Executive room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Work sent me out to Visalia, and not knowing the area, I was naturally concerned about accommodations, but this place is delightful. I was pretty early, but they pointed out their business center where I hung out doing odds and ends. I got into my room at noon and was very happy. It was very roomy, quiet, clean, had a comfortable couch and bed. The wifi worked with ease. Big windows, that unfortunately I kept closed because I'm not a friend to the heat or bright sun. I had all my meals in their restaurant and I was very pleased with them. Chicken and strawberry salad for lunch, avocado stuffed with shrimp for dinner and a full buffet breakfast the next morning (the breakfast was included in the price). Check this out, breakfast had Tater Tots! I've never seen Tater Tots included with a buffet and I love Tater Tots. It took a lot of control to settle on one scoupful. The hotal has two pools and a fitness center, if you're so inclined.

Room Tip: I spent $5.00 more and got a room on the executive level with a couch. Best $5.00 I ever spent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Picked this hotel as a stopover for my trip from LA.
The plus:
The member recognition (I'm PCR Platinum); requested a later c/out-Granted :)
The service is in the outlets wonderful-especially from the FB team of Rick and crew.
The evening live entertainment.
The indoor and outdoor pools.
Well maintained rooms.
Wonderful meeting space.
The cons
I really cant think of anything that I didnt like about the property.

Its a wonderful property, with a great leadership.
Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Visalia as a mini getaway for our anniversary and had a great time. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious! Make sure you get the biscuits and gravy. The prime rib on Fridays (and saturdays i think) was really good too! We will for sure be coming back to stay (hopefully in the summer when we can hit up the sequoias).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We always try to stay at Holiday Inn Express facilities because they are such a good value. Unfortunately, our planned stay at the Visalia location was never to occur because of last minute Airlines cancellation with no possible way to be in Visalia the next day. This happened within the 24 hour no refund policy time-frame and I had reserved 2 rooms using Priority club points. In the off chance I could still save my points if I explained my situation, I called the Priority Club contact number where I was unsuccessful in receiving any relief. They suggested I call the hotel directly, which I did. Luckily, I was helped by Sarah Russell, who worked through all the red tape to refund me my points (which the Priority Club representatives were unable to do). Sarah took it upon herself to go above and beyond to help me. She called Priority Club and was able to get my points returned. Kudos to Sarah. This is one happy customer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!