“Great stopover.” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Visalia
“Great stopover.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

We only had one night here on our way up to San Francisco but would've happily stayed for longer.
The room was great, just what we needed after a 570 mile drive. Great facilities and very clean.
The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very nice and reasonably priced.
Great hotel.

• Stayed February 2012

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lakewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here recently while visiting family in Selma. I promised the kids a pool, and this was one of the only hotels in the area with an indoor pool. We were very pleased with the location of the hotel. It’s easy to access from the highway, without having a lot of traffic noise. It also is right next to a beautiful park with two playgrounds, picnic areas, a duck pond, tennis courts and a dog park. The pool didn’t disappoint. The pool was large enough for the kids to play without bothering anyone and there was a hot tub as well. The atrium-like location made a nice place for the adults to relax and keep a close eye on everyone. Our room was a spacious one bedroom suite with a king bed and a sofa bed in a sitting area. The room had a refrigerator and microwave also. We ate breakfast at the café both days and had room service one night. We were very pleased with the food, and our server Chris was fantastic and patient with the kids.

We only had two issues with the hotel. One is that our room keys stopped working twice during our two night stay. The other is that the sofa bed in our room was badly stained. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, I didn’t quite the response I expected. I would have hoped rollways or a replacement mattress would have been offered. At check out I did notice that our rate was adjusted, but the clerk never mentioned this to me. Overall though, these things did not overshadow all of the good things about the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the suite if you are travelling with children.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I am a business traveler who works in Visalia 4-5 times a year. I have always been treated with first class service from the moment I have entered the hotel. The front desk always has a welcome gift that is much appreciated. Rooms are always very nice with the latest amenities. There always seems to be foreign travelers going up to the Sequoias, and them always seem to be enjoying their stay. For those guests who like to golf, there is a real nice golf course with 27 holes right down the street. I would highly recommend this hotel when your travels take you to Visalia.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My review is a little late, but my stay was so good I figured I'd provide some feedback.
I stayed 1 night at Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center on 6 September while visiting Sequoia NP.
The room was large and in good condition. When I arrived late afternoon the front desk had a welcome present for me which completely suprised me (the foyer is very spacious and looks well kept). Along with it was a handwritten card from Barbara and Pat of the hotel welcoming me and making sure I got in touch if I needed anything. Don't think I have ever experienced this kind of personal welcome in any hotel. The front desk was very service minded and took their time to make sure I understood the outlay of the hotel and what ammenities were available.
I ordered room service that night and the food came in less than 20 mintues and tasted good.
Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was new and clean, just like the rest of the room.
Highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel was just a nice surprise.
I wasn’t expecting to stay in Visalia, but due to my late arrival, I decided to spend the night and visit the Giant Sequoias in the very early morning… What a nice place to stay.
The front desk is very friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable and the restaurant is quite nice.
This Holiday Inn was quite different from the others I visited recently...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Plymouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Everything as expected and comfy for a layered-ownership branded hotel.
Would be ideal if you can get discounted rooms as the standard charge is for the business-card holders.
Excellent value shuttle bus running up to the National Park from here too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Visalia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

On the surface it looks like just another local Holiday Inn, but the staff truly treated me like family! Work kept me there for most of the summer, often five days per week - but I always felt at home there.

The front desk staff (especially the comedy team of Carrie and Sarah), California Cafe crew, and the Mahogany Bar bunch all went out of their way to treat me like more than just a customer. During the summer they often fill to capacity with tour busses full of European tourists, but this just adds to the colorful character of the place, since most are very friendly and happy to meet Americans.

The California Cafe has very good food (better than most restaurants in town), though the prices seem a tad bit high. The bar has an above-average food menu with very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: North rooms face the freeway but are still very quiet. Most 5th floor rooms have refrigerators and...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!