I stayed here recently while visiting family in Selma. I promised the kids a pool, and this was one of the only hotels in the area with an indoor pool. We were very pleased with the location of the hotel. It’s easy to access from the highway, without having a lot of traffic noise. It also is right next to a beautiful park with two playgrounds, picnic areas, a duck pond, tennis courts and a dog park. The pool didn’t disappoint. The pool was large enough for the kids to play without bothering anyone and there was a hot tub as well. The atrium-like location made a nice place for the adults to relax and keep a close eye on everyone. Our room was a spacious one bedroom suite with a king bed and a sofa bed in a sitting area. The room had a refrigerator and microwave also. We ate breakfast at the café both days and had room service one night. We were very pleased with the food, and our server Chris was fantastic and patient with the kids.
We only had two issues with the hotel. One is that our room keys stopped working twice during our two night stay. The other is that the sofa bed in our room was badly stained. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, I didn’t quite the response I expected. I would have hoped rollways or a replacement mattress would have been offered. At check out I did notice that our rate was adjusted, but the clerk never mentioned this to me. Overall though, these things did not overshadow all of the good things about the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Visalia Holiday Inn is San Joaquin Valley's largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with a fishing pond and wild ducks, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, and walking and jogging paths.Experience the Downtown Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children's Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in our onsite restaurant, Cafe California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in our onsite Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our heated outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary shuttle from/to Visalia Municipal Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Visalia Holiday Inn